No announcement yet.

The Phoronix Forums Have Been Upgraded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the theme, I just want it to follow my OS theme settings. I don't know how possible that actually is, but it'd be pretty epic if there was some kind of browser plugin that could make desktop theme settings available to web applications.

Most of what I want there is the ubuntu font, which is easy enough to force onto a web page, but matching colors and widget styles would be really slick.

Comment

old theme was good, this one is so bright...

no more quick reply?

Comment

Originally posted by Setlec View Post
        old theme was good, this one is so bright...

no more quick reply?
        you could have the Quick Reply simple enough If Michael turned the option ON inside vBulletin

it looks like this

Comment

It's about time! I hated the old dark theme. I don't get why people are complaining about this new theme. It's black text on a light background, just like 99% of the rest of the web. I bet emoticons look far less retarded now since there won't be a weird jagged halo around them.

Comment

Originally posted by GoremanX View Post
            It's about time! I hated the old dark theme. I don't get why people are complaining about this new theme. It's black text on a light background, just like 99% of the rest of the web. I bet emoticons look far less retarded now since there won't be a weird jagged halo around them.
            Yeah, I don't know how all these people ever used the internet before, since apparently all black text on white backgrounds kills their eyes.

I'll admit that it could still get a little greyer, but i like the light theme much more than the dark one.

Comment

Overall, I like the new theme, but could you please reduce the .postrow class's padding-bottom value? 3em is a LOT when it's per-post and there's already a giant green bar between the posts.

Comment

Looks a bit better now...the background is now a bit darker so that's good. In time I'm sure Michael will have a new theme that closely approximates the original phoronix theme

Comment

It looks great! Much easier on the eyes than the last theme.

Comment

Originally posted by popper View Post
                    LOL, next time just save as jpeg and use the large direct imageshack.us URL as your "insert image, this board will then scale it to fit the screen for you that way people dont Need to download it just to see it.
                    Opera simply rendered it in the browser window, so I thought it'd work out...
                    Sometimes I just forget Opera does things other browsers don't
                    Anyway, thanks for the tip, I'll try to remember that next time

Comment

• So I used the user CSS posted by BlackStar (thanks mate) to create a "back-in-time" style; http://pastebin.com/zR8PB1T4

There are a lot of glitches in there and the code probably looks awful (I don't really know CSS, this is just a lot of guesswork with assistance from Opera Dragonfly) but it mostly works and brings back the colors of the old phoronix.

Hopefully somebody who actually knows CSS can make it look better and more like the old layout

Most of the bling stuff is still there, but it's commented out because it seemed to cause a few more glitches (also old phoronix had sharp edges), if you want it just uncomment all commented code.

Comment

Working...
                      X