Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Bavarian Preview Of Iveland & OpenBenchmarking.org

Default A Bavarian Preview Of Iveland & OpenBenchmarking.org

Phoronix: A Bavarian Preview Of Iveland & OpenBenchmarking.org

Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 "Iveland" and OpenBenchmarking.org are launching in late February from the Southern California Linux Expo in Los Angeles during my talk about Making More Informed Linux Hardware Choices. However, for any Bavarians living near Munich, you may be able to get a sneak preview...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTAzOA

This is a friend with whom I was on a schooltrip to munich. We were given this "Augustiner - Oktoberfestbier" plate because the woman serving us noticed that he is a very big Augustiner fan aswell. Maybe I can hand it to you at some point in the future

off topic

Michael i have no idea where in which part of the US you live but i doubt that there aren't any descent microbreweries

That would be a great excuse to visit munich again, (ahh the memories of the bier gartens.) Too bad it's a 7+ hour drive from Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by 89c51 View Post
    off topic

Michael i have no idea where in which part of the US you live but i doubt that there aren't any descent microbreweries

Chicago. There are decent microbreweries that produce beer that is drink-able to me, but the best beer in the world comes from Bavaria -- Augustiner followed by Franziskaner, in my opinion. Even when in the United States though I'll drink Julius Echter, Spaten, or Franziskaner over what's readily available in the states.

Plus when drinking in Munich it's just not about the beer but the atmosphere, people, food, and everything else is superb in comparison to anything in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Chicago. There are decent microbreweries that produce beer that is drink-able to me, but the best beer in the world comes from Bavaria -- Augustiner followed by Franziskaner, in my opinion. Even when in the United States though I'll drink Julius Echter, Spaten, or Franziskaner over what's readily available in the states.

Plus when drinking in Munich it's just not about the beer but the atmosphere, people, food, and everything else is superb in comparison to anything in the US.
    taking the "experience" out of the equation i ll probably disagree and say that some of the best beers come from the monks in belgium but yeah it depends on the style of beer and preference. Czech's also get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

on of the most secret beers in germany is the Tannenzäpfle thats because you only can buy it in the Winter and only im Schwabenländle.

maybe you should try out this secret beer

the wikipedia shows: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothaus#Products

"Despite Rothaus refraining from any intensive advertising campaigns"

you know it or you never get one of the bottles

"Monty Python - Bavarian restaurant "
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAaaAVJr9zg

Cool

I'm interested in live in Munich. PM following.

Quote Originally Posted by 7oby View Post
    I'm interested in live in Munich. PM following.
    Got your email, thanks, will let you know based upon the interest level of how many people end up contacting me.