Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I go to learn the Gallium3D API?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I go to learn the Gallium3D API?

Hi,

I'm interested in experimenting with gallium3D to see if I can later participate in the development of this system. I am however clueless on where to begin. I can't find any documentation regarding it's API, and currently can't even compile Mesa the way I want (with python state tracker to experiment a bit) to test things.

I am a somewhat experienced developer with Direct3D and have bellow-intermediate experience with OpenGL (with shaders).

Are we supposed to learn the API solely by looking at other components? What do I have to do step by step to create and be able to compile a new state tracker? How would I use it after that?

Thanks for your time.

I don't think there's an empty shell to look at, though you could start by looking at the interface. The files are located at src/gallium/include/*.h. Read more about it here, http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/gallium.

Comment

Hmm, I've been to that link and I don't think there's enough info to jump into programming.

Isn't there an assume almost nothing kind of tutorial to get started? Some kind of step-by-step to build a state tracker that renders a triangle for instance?

The python state tracker looks like it's the simplest to get info from, however a step by step guide to what's doing what would help immensely I believe.

Comment

Working...
      X