Linux 2.6.22 Patch for ATI fglrx Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ejos View Post
    How did you get it to work? I have applied the patch, verified it made the changes, and when I compile it magically seems to undo itself and give me the same error I had before the patch. After attempting to compile, I looked back at firegl_public.c and it had indeed undone itself because the changes the patch was supposed to make are no longer there. This is really frustrating, can anybody help me?
    uh, very weird problem!
    im sorry i can't really help you
    when i applied the patch everything compiled fine..

Comment

Originally posted by ejos View Post
      How did you get it to work? I have applied the patch, verified it made the changes, and when I compile it magically seems to undo itself and give me the same error I had before the patch. After attempting to compile, I looked back at firegl_public.c and it had indeed undone itself because the changes the patch was supposed to make are no longer there. This is really frustrating, can anybody help me?
      What steps are you doing to install it? It should be like running the file with the extract argument, change directories into the fglrx-install folder, patch firegl_public, run ati-installer.sh inside the fglrx-install folder and it won't overwrite your changes.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        What steps are you doing to install it? It should be like running the file with the extract argument, change directories into the fglrx-install folder, patch firegl_public, run ati-installer.sh inside the fglrx-install folder and it won't overwrite your changes.
        That's what I was doing. I got it to compile by deleting the /usr/src/fglrx.tar so it couldn't recopy the file over the patched one.

Comment

Working...
        X