Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 "Iveland" Goes Into Beta

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 "Iveland" Goes Into Beta

After being in development for months, Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 "Iveland" has now entered beta. In preparation for the combined Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 and OpenBenchmarking.org launch from the Southern California Linux Expo at the end of February, the first Iveland beta of our open-source benchmarking platform has been released this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

OpenIndiana support?

Hi

I have tried out the beta on an OpenIndiana b148 machine, but I can not find out how to run any tests or suites on the system.

Running PTS with 'list-available-suites' or 'list-available-tests' doesn't return any tests or suites. I also tried running 'install disk', which I know is a suite from PTS 2.8, but it gives the following output:
    ERROR: Argument Missing.

CORRECT SYNTAX
    phoronix-test-suite install_test [Test | Suite | OpenBenchmarking.org ID | Test Result] ...
    Am I doing something wrong here, or is the issue somewhere else?

Here's some of the 'diagnostics' output which may be usable:
    • PTS_MODE = CLIENT
    • PTS_VERSION = 3.0.0b1
    • PTS_CORE_VERSION = 2970
    • PTS_CODENAME = IVELAND
    • PTS_IS_CLIENT = 1
    • OPERATING_SYSTEM = Solaris
    • OS_PREFIX = solaris_
    • PTS_STARTUP_TASK_PERFORMED = 1
    • HAS_REFRESHED_OBO_LIST = 1
    • OPERATING_SYSTEM = OpenIndiana Development oi_148 X86
    • OPERATING_SYSTEM = openindiana
    • OS_VERSION = 5.11
    • OS_ARCH = i686
    • OS_TYPE = Solaris

Btw, is it smart to have OPERATING_SYSTEM defined three time, each one with different values? I suggest giving different names to them

Comment

Originally posted by Tenzer View Post
      Hi

I have tried out the beta on an OpenIndiana b148 machine, but I can not find out how to run any tests or suites on the system.

Running PTS with 'list-available-suites' or 'list-available-tests' doesn't return any tests or suites. I also tried running 'install disk', which I know is a suite from PTS 2.8, but it gives the following output:

Am I doing something wrong here, or is the issue somewhere else?

Here's some of the 'diagnostics' output which may be usable:
      • PTS_MODE = CLIENT
      • PTS_VERSION = 3.0.0b1
      • PTS_CORE_VERSION = 2970
      • PTS_CODENAME = IVELAND
      • PTS_IS_CLIENT = 1
      • OPERATING_SYSTEM = Solaris
      • OS_PREFIX = solaris_
      • PTS_STARTUP_TASK_PERFORMED = 1
      • HAS_REFRESHED_OBO_LIST = 1
      • OPERATING_SYSTEM = OpenIndiana Development oi_148 X86
      • OPERATING_SYSTEM = openindiana
      • OS_VERSION = 5.11
      • OS_ARCH = i686
      • OS_TYPE = Solaris

Btw, is it smart to have OPERATING_SYSTEM defined three time, each one with different values? I suggest giving different names to them
      For your disk suite does it work if you do: phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/disk basically the pts/ prefix? Actually, after running that command, will list-available-tests work just fine for you? It may not be downloading the OpenBenchmarking.org data when it should be in your instance.

But once a command like that is issued, it should work just fine on OpenIndiana, I've done PTS3 tests there myself along with Nexenta, Solaris 11 Express, etc.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        For your disk suite does it work if you do: phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/disk basically the pts/ prefix? Actually, after running that command, will list-available-tests work just fine for you? It may not be downloading the OpenBenchmarking.org data when it should be in your instance.

But once a command like that is issued, it should work just fine on OpenIndiana, I've done PTS3 tests there myself along with Nexenta, Solaris 11 Express, etc.
        Nope, didn't help:
        Code:
        # ./phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/disk

CORRECT SYNTAX
        phoronix-test-suite benchmark [Test | Suite | OpenBenchmarking.org ID | Test Result]  ...

# ./phoronix-test-suite list-available-tests

Phoronix Test Suite v3.0.0b1
        Available Tests
        Could it be an issue with the parsing of the arguments? I tried to put ten arguments on the 'benchmark' command, but I still get a "ERROR: Argument Missing." message back.

Comment

Nope, didn't help:
          Code:
          # ./phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/disk

CORRECT SYNTAX
          phoronix-test-suite benchmark [Test | Suite | OpenBenchmarking.org ID | Test Result]  ...

# ./phoronix-test-suite list-available-tests

Phoronix Test Suite v3.0.0b1
          Available Tests
          Could it be an issue with the parsing of the arguments? I tried to put ten arguments on the 'benchmark' command, but I still get a "ERROR: Argument Missing." message back.
          If you want to try the Git package (http://phorogit.com/index.php?p=phor...e.git&dl=targz) here it's fixed where you can use the phoronix-test-suite list-available-tests command straight away after running the command on a fresh system.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

If you want to try the Git package (http://phorogit.com/index.php?p=phor...e.git&dl=targz) here it's fixed where you can use the phoronix-test-suite list-available-tests command straight away after running the command on a fresh system.
            What was supposed to be fixed? I don't see any difference using the version from your URL, which btw reports itself as being PTS_CORE_VERSION = 2971.

Comment

What was supposed to be fixed? I don't see any difference using the version from your URL, which btw reports itself as being PTS_CORE_VERSION = 2971.
              Hmmm, both issues should have been fixed. What's the output of:

ls ~/.phoronix-test-suite/openbenchmarking.org/*
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Hmmm, both issues should have been fixed. What's the output of:

ls ~/.phoronix-test-suite/openbenchmarking.org/*
                Code:
                # ls ~/.phoronix-test-suite/openbenchmarking.org/*
                /root/.phoronix-test-suite/openbenchmarking.org/local:

/root/.phoronix-test-suite/openbenchmarking.org/pts:
                I deleted the ~/.phoronix-test-suite/ directory prior to running the post-beta version, just in case something was changed between those two versions. I have also tried to run the new command 'phoronix-test-suite openbenchmarking-refresh', which does no difference.

For what it's worth, there are no proxy in front of the machine, and it has full access to the internet.

Comment

Code:
                  # ls ~/.phoronix-test-suite/openbenchmarking.org/*
                  /root/.phoronix-test-suite/openbenchmarking.org/local:

/root/.phoronix-test-suite/openbenchmarking.org/pts:
                  I deleted the ~/.phoronix-test-suite/ directory prior to running the post-beta version, just in case something was changed between those two versions. I have also tried to run the new command 'phoronix-test-suite openbenchmarking-refresh', which does no difference.

For what it's worth, there are no proxy in front of the machine, and it has full access to the internet.
                  Very strange.... If you run: phoronix-test-suite dump-core-storage do you see a global_system_id ? Should just be a nine character string.... I don't need to know the number, just wondering if it's getting one though as a sign of Internet communication.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Very strange.... If you run: phoronix-test-suite dump-core-storage do you see a global_system_id ? Should just be a nine character string.... I don't need to know the number, just wondering if it's getting one though as a sign of Internet communication.
                    No, it's blank. But I have run 'openbenchmarking-setup', and it verified my user. That also added an upload key to my ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml file.

Comment

Working...
                    X