A Big Comparison Of The AMD Catalyst, Mesa & Gallium3D Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    would be possible to integrate the new cs code into libdrm so that also the ddx (and eventually also r600g, and classic radeon, r200, r300 and r600) can benefit from it?
    I don't think so. My changes are rather radical and I don't want to destabilize libdrm. Also, r600g doesn't use libdrm.

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    The Mesa maintainers appear not to want patented features in master and they ignore any of my patches that might be infringing in US. The floating-point formats from GL_ARB_texture_rg can only be used if GL_ARB_texture_float is available as well, the support of which is here:

Comment

• Originally posted by marek View Post
      The Mesa maintainers appear not to want patented features in master and they ignore any of my patches that might be infringing in US. The floating-point formats from GL_ARB_texture_rg can only be used if GL_ARB_texture_float is available as well, the support of which is here:
      http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~mareko/mesa/?h=floating2
      How many of these "patented but implemented" feature branches are floating around anyway? Has anyone taken the time to get up a git repo that tracks and merges them as well as possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
        How many of these "patented but implemented" feature branches are floating around anyway? Has anyone taken the time to get up a git repo that tracks and merges them as well as possible?
        No, I think this is the only one.

Comment

No, I think this is the only one.
          What about S3TC? I seem to recall it had similar problems (which is annoying as all crap).

Comment

• What's the problem with S3TC? There is a separate library for it that works very well with Mesa.

Comment

• I thought there was recently a posting on the mailing list that said it would be fine as long as it was hidden behind a config switch. Was that shot down privately by others?

Comment

• It was rather completely ignored by others...

Comment

• Would it be possible to implement this in the form of external library like libtxc_dxtn?

Comment

It was rather completely ignored by others...
                    Sounds like silent approval to me? If you committed it, maybe they'd still ignore. Or else you'd at least get a response.

Comment

• Yeah, maybe worths a shot?

Comment

Working...
                      X