No announcement yet.

new overclocking tool: AMDOverdriveCtrl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting a floating point exception with the deb package. Debian testing AMD64.

Comment

found the bug

Originally posted by storma View Post
      I'm getting a floating point exception with the deb package. Debian testing AMD64.
      This happens when the ADL reports the same value for min and max fan percentage. I do some calculations like this: "value / (max-min)" which gives a division by zero.

In other words, this means your hardware does not support any fan speed adjustments (at least with the ADL).

Currently I'm trying to make the tool a little bit more robust and it will generate some more useful error messages.

Comment

I spotted one major fix needed on the makefile. The makefile requires the source code to be in this location:

/home/thorsten/Projekte/AMDOverdriveCtrl/

The source should be location independent so that you can simply run the make command in the source folder, wherever it may be located.

Comment

makefile from codelite

Originally posted by Dandel View Post
          I spotted one major fix needed on the makefile. The makefile requires the source code to be in this location:

/home/thorsten/Projekte/AMDOverdriveCtrl/

The source should be location independent so that you can simply run the make command in the source folder, wherever it may be located.
          In principle the provided makefile is only a side product automatically generated by the codelite IDE. Unfortunately it contains the absolute path to the last workspace directory. To solve this problem, I would have to provide a separate "handmade" makefile. Not a big deal, but redundant after all.

I really recommend to use the codelite IDE. It's a very nice piece of software and definitely worth a look.

Comment

I really recommend to use the codelite IDE

Comment

I really recommend to use the codelite IDE

Comment

Works smooth.
                Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64, HD4870 512MB
                Sometimes the graph readings shows wrong fan rpm, like it was gone twice the speed for a moment.

I was using this one for a while, but automatic overclock/undervolt mode is a lot better.
                Thank you!

Comment

false readings or spinup bug?

Originally posted by rewind View Post
                  Works smooth.
                  Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64, HD4870 512MB
                  Sometimes the graph readings shows wrong fan rpm, like it was gone twice the speed for a moment.

I was using this one for a while, but automatic overclock/undervolt mode is a lot better.
                  Thank you!
                  Hi,

are these spikes only false readings or does the card's fan really turn that fast? I'm asking because for the HD4870 there are some BIOS revisions out there with a fan spinup bug. You can read more about that here: http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/.../vidcard/154/7.

Comment

Thank you for this nice tool.
                    I compiled it under openSUSE 11.3 64bit and it works very well (tested some fan settings). It also shows voltage and frequency settings of my MSI 5850. Can these settings be adjusted? There are "+" and "-" buttons, but clicking them doesn't do anything.

Comment

Overdrive settings

Originally posted by mibo View Post
                      Thank you for this nice tool.
                      I compiled it under openSUSE 11.3 64bit and it works very well (tested some fan settings). It also shows voltage and frequency settings of my MSI 5850. Can these settings be adjusted? There are "+" and "-" buttons, but clicking them doesn't do anything.
                      It should be possible to change the settings. First you have to select the values you desire (with plus and minus or the slider) and then click on "Set" to apply the new settings. "Low", "Mid" and "High" level values will be set at once.

Comment

Working...
                      X