new overclocking tool: AMDOverdriveCtrl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunstar View Post
    It should be possible to change the settings. First you have to select the values you desire (with plus and minus or the slider) and then click on "Set" to apply the new settings. "Low", "Mid" and "High" level values will be set at once.
    I used the program without superuser rights - started it as root, and now it works :-)
    A very nice tool - thank you.

Comment

Fedora 14/64 - Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions..

I compilded it on Fedora 14/x64 and i'm getting this error,

Code:
      ~/Downloads/AMDOverdriveCtrl % AMDOverdriveCtrl 
      Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
      The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4,compatible with 2.6),
      and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6).
      zsh: abort      AMDOverdriveCtrl
      way is that ?

Comment

can't make

Looks very useful. However, can't make it for some reason though. I've installed wxWidgets 2.8.11 and codelite and whatever else i thought could possibly help. Still get a bunch of stuff like:

./src/main.o.rodata._ZTI7MainApp[typeinfo for MainApp]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for wxApp'
        collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
        make: *** [Release/AMDOverdriveCtrl] Error 1

(In the 5 years i've been away from Linux in Windows world, i see the former hasn't changed much, there is just more of it - still countless hours if not days of snowballing "entertainment", just to get the simplest apps to install, not to mention work as intended...)

Thanks in advance for your work and any advice you have.

Comment

...figured it out eventually...

Originally posted by kv39 View Post
          Looks very useful. However, can't make it for some reason though. I've installed wxWidgets 2.8.11 and codelite and whatever else i thought could possibly help. Still get a bunch of stuff like:
          Thanks in advance for your work and any advice you have.
          ... I was finally able to install it with dpkg...

IT'S A FANTASTIC APP, and much better than anything AMD/ATI puts out with their lame drivers! Great work!!!

You should put a Bitcoin donation address wherever you distribute your app. A lot of people in that community need this...

Comment

multiple gpu's

Hello again,

Does anyone know how to make AMDOverdriveCtrl recognize the second gpu?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

multiple gpu's

Originally posted by kv39 View Post
              Hello again,

Does anyone know how to make AMDOverdriveCtrl recognize the second gpu?

Thanks in advance.
              Hi,

the latest version of AMDOverdriveCtrl (1.1.2) supports passing an adapter index through command line.

Adapter is not the same as GPU in this case. For example my Radeon HD 4800 has to internal controllers and therefore also two adapter indices. If I had a second card in my system (which I unfortunately don't have) I had to pass index 2 to address this card (-i=2). You can use the help (-h) switch to get an idea which adapter index is mapped to each individual card.

As I only have one graphic card this is all a bit theory from my side. It would be nice if you could try the latest program version and report back if it really works...

Thanks in advance.

Comment

command line usage

Hello,

First, thank you very much for this tool, much needed in Linux.

I am running a headless server and wonder if this tool can be used from the command line. When I run it i get this:

Code:
                sudo AMDOverdriveCtrl
                INF: Nr. of Adapters: 3
                INF: Adapter index: 0, active, ID:37090352, ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 
                INF: Adapter index: 1, inact., ID:37090352, ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 
                INF: Adapter index: 2, inact., ID:37090352, ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 
                INF: Adapter index 0 choosen.
                INF: Nr. of Performance Levels: 3
                INF: Perf Level 0: GPU 157MHz Memory 300MHz Voltage 0.95V
                INF: Perf Level 1: GPU 765MHz Memory 1000MHz Voltage 1.088V
                INF: Perf Level 2: GPU 785MHz Memory 1000MHz Voltage 1.088V
                ACT: Set fan speed to default
                INF: Nr. of Displays to check 6
                WRN: color temperature setting not supported.
                So I see that it is running correctly. Basically what I need to do is to underclock the memory to 300 MHZ. Is it possible via the command line? With a profile maybe?

For reference, aticonfig info shows this:

Code:
                Adapter 0 - ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 
                                            Core (MHz)    Memory (MHz)
                           Current Clocks :    765           1000
                             Current Peak :    765           1000
                  Configurable Peak Range : [765-918]     [1000-1200]
                                 GPU load :    99%
                My card is a gigabyte 5850.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

memory clock

Originally posted by yomi View Post
                  Hello,

First, thank you very much for this tool, much needed in Linux.

Basically what I need to do is to underclock the memory to 300 MHZ. Is it possible via the command line? With a profile maybe?

My card is a gigabyte 5850.

Thanks in advance!
                  I was able to set this with a profile on a 5970, but couldn't get it down below 775 on the 6990, also with a profile. Overall, works fantastic though!

Comment

voltage

I have a 5970 OC edition and a 6990. Both can handle much higher voltage than AMDOverdriveCtrl says is the maximum.

The 5970 OC for example can go to at least 1.16V with a factory BIOS, but if I set it any higher in the profile than the 1.05, i get an error, and the profile doesn't load.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Comment

I love this tool!

it has always worked great for me and I have used it for a long time now.

So far I have used it on ati radeon hd 2400, ati radeon hd 4850, and sapphire ati radeon hd 6450 all work perfect with it

The OS has been Ubuntu and Lubuntu

Sorry to post to an old thread but I wanted to say thank you to the author, This program makes my lower end hardware work better, more like midgrade. Also on Lubuntu the with the check box clicked to run at start up works great and is excellent.

The settings on my ati radeon hd 6450 are:

low: gpu 100mhz:, Memory 150mhz:, voltage .870 (saves electricity)
                      mid: gpu 400mhz:, Memory 667mhz:, voltage .900
                      high: gpu 725mhz:, Memory 790mhz:, voltage .995 (a conservative high, the card can clock higher with the appropriate equipment and settings)

kv39 I think the author also used conservative settings for the program because users that don't know what they are doing could use this program and kill their harware, then blame the program.

The built-in ati overdrive doesn't allow me to change the voltage at all, neither do the bios on my computer, also the overdrive only has 2 settings and this program gives me 3, along with a whole slew of other options.
                      Last edited by Vanquishedangel; 22 November 2012, 07:02 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Working...
                      X