Auzentech X-Meridian 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auzentech X-Meridian 2.0

Well for those that are searching for a new audio card I thought I would just mention that Auzentech has finally been able to convince C-Media into letting them purchase the CMI-8788 chip again. Asus did a prickish thing and basically had a exclusive monopoly on the chips for a while which lead to the death of the original X-Meridian. Now that they have access to the chips again, Auzentech decided to bring this bad boy back to life. Unfortunately they did not take the opertunity on this revision to make it a pci-e card (pci only). Anyways as an owner of the original I can say that these cardsare excellent in linux and you might want to consider one if you are in the market for a soundcard.

Yeah, too bad it isn't working in GNU/Linux though.

Lately I had some trouble with sound so I thought I get myself a new X-Meridian 7.1 G2 and replace my Asus Xonar D2 (wanted to get an Auzentech anyway). But no matter what I tried, GNU/Linux simply didn't find the card. So I'm back to my Asus, which just works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Janusz11 View Post
      Yeah, too bad it isn't working in GNU/Linux though.

Lately I had some trouble with sound so I thought I get myself a new X-Meridian 7.1 G2 and replace my Asus Xonar D2 (wanted to get an Auzentech anyway). But no matter what I tried, GNU/Linux simply didn't find the card. So I'm back to my Asus, which just works fine.
      Update: It appears that support for the X-Meridian 7.1 2G will come with Kernel 2.6.38. At least there is a note on the ALSA page for this card and I can confirm that the card was indeed correctly recognized in the 2nd Alpha of Ubuntu 11.04, which makes use of the Linux Kernel 2.6.38-rc2, whereas it isn't even found in my Arch install with Kernel 2.6.37.

However, I was still not able to get any sound out of it. But this might well be due to some missing configuration files or the use of PulseAudio or whatever.

Comment

Working...
      X