No announcement yet.

Working r600g games list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quick note to say that Starcraft 2 earns a RadeonProgram Gold on evergreen(there's a gamma bug in the menus which is wine related I think) and 25fps on average, down to 10/11fps when attacking using a 76 zealot army (everything's on low, and I applied some of the tweaks found on winedb).

So this game seems playable (I've just gone ageinst the AI for now).

Congrats to the Radeon/Mesa devs.

David

Comment

• i can confirm that Call of duty World at War is playable already but it has some render bugs and it have low framerate

i think is the fog effect cuz i get the same symptoms in lineage once i use glow or fog effects

Comment

• Working r600g games list

It seems you missed the games from the Humble Indie Bundle:
        Lugaru HDAquariaGishThe Penumbra seriesWorld of Goo
        The first 4 are now open source Penumbra Overture, not the entire series.

Comment

• [tl;dr] can this information be gathered in a wiki somewhere?

Games working with wine and r600g:
          Starcraft+Broodwar
          Diablo2+LoD
          Moorhuhnjagd

Games not working:
          Left4Dead 1: green screen
          Left4Dead 2: doesn't start (needs texture compression, but what can I say... I have s3tc installed and confirmed by glxinfo)
          Both games used to work some time ago, incredibly slow

Neverwinternights: computer freezes while the introvideo after charater creation plays

Dawn of War (Platinum) looks like this:
          The screenshot is from the first missionvideo, the game looks the same

Comment

• For the past couple weeks, I've been seeing this in a number of applications (pictured below is Atom Zombie Smasher):

So I guess, it technically "works" but...well, kinda hard to see anything. Yes, it actually accepts input (of which the mouse motions seem to be properly scaled to the size it's supposed to be); and yes, the events that happen are reflected in each of those columns. It's pretty bizarre.

Has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: Note that this is git from a couple weeks ago

Comment

• this looks like the color tiling error, you have to disable color tiling

Comment

• Originally posted by bruimi View Post
                It seems you missed the games from the Humble Indie Bundle:
                Lugaru HDAquariaGishThe Penumbra seriesWorld of Goo
                The first 4 are now open source Penumbra Overture, not the entire series.
                Maybe missing from this thread, but the main place to check this is http://wiki.x.org/wiki/RadeonProgram

BTW, Prey just got a platinum rating from me. Works perfectly with 7.11, as long as you have s3tc working.

Compiling 32-bit Mesa was really worth the hassle. Prey is REALLY smooth, at high detail @ 1440x900. And it was really funny to play Quake4 at 1080p, but my low-end 4550 can't really pull it off and make it playable

Comment

• Why Eternal land does not work with r600g open drivers (kubuntu natty)?

Comment

• Originally posted by aleale99 View Post
                    Why Eternal land does not work with r600g open drivers (kubuntu natty)?
                    Never heard of this game before, but I tried it now, and it's at least working on r300g. If it's broken on r600g, grab a backtrace and file a bug.

Comment

• Describe the problem is not so easy for me: (sorry for my poor english).

At the start the program window appears correctly with its progress bar, but when the progress bar is complete, the window appears to hang.

or rather simply do not update!

In fact, if you now enter your account data (charName [tab] password [enter]) a seconds progress bar is show, which overwrite the first ,
                      and all the data objects are loaded into game(subtitle under progress bar)

After that the cursor changes shape according to the criteria of the game, but the window has never been updated!

in the avalilable log there are no errors ... or not explicit error

Ale

Comment

Working...
                      X