Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Linux Game Update For The Holidays

Phoronix: A New Linux Game Update For The Holidays

While we continue to be taken away by Unigine OilRush and other projects, for those without access to these new titles and not impressed by the recent Humble Indie Bundle #2 or Zero Ballistics 2, there is a new alternative: Warsow 0.6...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Would you say Christmas? Christmas is really what people mean by Holidays and it is offensive for it to be substituted.

Comment

Hmm, my initial experience with the new release has not been very positive, unfortunately.
      The new music is a bit too much "in your face", but that's a matter of taste I guess.
      The game crashed when trying to start a local server (which I limit to 1 player, to learn the maps), though it could be that I haven't opened any firewall port. 0.5 behaved more nicely in any case.
      Yet the worst has to be a hard lock-up when connecting to an online server.
      It's a shame, this game has a lot going for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
        Would you say Christmas? Christmas is really what people mean by Holidays and it is offensive for it to be substituted.
        Nowadays nothing is offensive...You say offensive and people attack you, which I'm surprized nobody has yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr James View Post
          Nowadays nothing is offensive...You say offensive and people attack you, which I'm surprized nobody has yet.
          I am sure everything was better back in your age...

Comment

back on topic, yay warsow!

i hope is a bit easier to do all those acrobatic tricks

Comment

Update:
              Code:
              seta gl_ext_vertex_shader "0"
              might have done the trick, as per this thread

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
                I am sure everything was better back in your age...
                I'm not an old fart (but old enough), but I do believe that morality has gone down the drain - and it is worse than my parents age which was worse than thier parents age...

Damn it, there was a time when people bought and sold property through a simple handshake.

Comment

Working...
                X