Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's A Video Of Unigine OilRush On Linux

Phoronix: Here's A Video Of Unigine OilRush On Linux

Ask and you shall receive. Following yesterday's holiday surprise and this morning's exclusive preview of Unigine OilRush, we now have up an in-game video recording we mad today of this forthcoming real-time strategy game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It looks like a slideslow. The lag is awful. Is there any way you can do something about the lag, such as lowering the graphics settings?

It would be better to demonstrate the game as how the majority of Linux users will see it.

Comment

I believe you would greatly benefit from contacting the Linux Game Cast (http://linuxgamecast.com/), it would even be mutually beneficial.

It is my opinion that their gameplay videos' quality is amazing.
      But I'm not sure if this result is for a game that's too demanding (and, right now, experimental), or ffmpeg, hence the "woulds".

I'd like to hear any details regarding this possibility though. Another one is recording through hardware (http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/), instead of software.

I also enjoy seeing that the GNU/linux version of Oil Rig has all post effects, instead of just some of them like Savage 2 (which has good graphics too). I'll probably buy a pre-beta.

Comment

Originally posted by tkmorris View Post
        I'd like to hear any details regarding this possibility though. Another one is recording through hardware (http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/), instead of software.
        With the blackmagic intensity all the encoding is still done via software and is fairly resource heavy. Hauppauge's HD PVR however does hardware encoding and its hardware requirements is fairly light (as well as being linux friendly). Also coming in January is Hauppauge's Colossus card which will use a hardware encoder as well.

Comment

the hyper zoom, speed effects are amazing, beautiful graphics.

Comment

am intrigued by the gameplay, how do we give order to units and that sort of stuff?

Comment

Water can be tough to make look good, so i was wondering how this game would turn out. Looks very nice! Although the oil rig and units looked perhaps a little simplistic, i didn't get too good a look at them though.

Comment

Your video is horrible, but the game graphics looks nice. Just no audio and such low FPS makes me uhhg. Difficult to distill what the aim of the game is from such a video. I presume it has something to do with conquering oil-platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                  am intrigued by the gameplay, how do we give order to units and that sort of stuff?
                  Unfortunately this video doesn't show real gameplay because it's just an empty test level.

We'll prepare gameplay videos this week.

Comment

I don't think half of the people here even read the article before commenting - of course the video is lagging, it's at highest settings + unoptimized build + 1080p recording.

That said, love the zoom and unit graphics.

Comment

Working...
                    X