An Exclusive Preview Of Unigine's OilRush Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    I have no issue about putting it up something like youtube, gamershell, etc. Megaupload, rapidshare, mediafire however full of mislinks and are blocked in some countries. There is however a tracker already in place and creating a torrent is childs play. If they can't do that then I highly doubt that they have the knowledge on how to write an article let alone code a game engine. A torrent takes about a minute to start. You can also have it in a multitude of formats so if you want WebM, h264, hell even indeo if you desire so as you can select which formats you want.
    Some ISP block torrents. Some people have a capped bandwidth or pay by the GB, and since a honest use of a torrent means you upload at least as much as you download, you end up using at least 2 times what you'd use with a better solution.

As far as 'capped daily downloads' in a previous post, what were you trying to download, a collection of Blurays ?

As far as "already running a torrent tracker", the box I use to seed distribution isos doesn't scale well with a great number of torrents (which you'd get if you regularly upload many different videos). You can decide for yourself, but you've got no right to decide for other people what they should be doing, or that they would be incompetent if they didn't (or couldn't, or wouldn't).

You act like that on all threads, deanjo, and you end up saying very immature things and dragging threads out of sheer stupidity, like just recently or on another thread (just to keep it to the few past hours).

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
      thx for the links , downloading
      Those are links for the benchmarks BTW not the videos.

Comment

Originally posted by miles View Post
        Some ISP block torrents. Some people have a capped bandwidth or pay by the GB, and since a honest use of a torrent means you upload at least as much as you download, you end up using at least 2 times what you'd use with a better solution.

As far as 'capped daily downloads' in a previous post, what were you trying to download, a collection of Blurays ?

As far as "already running a torrent tracker", the box I use to seed distribution isos doesn't scale well with a great number of torrents (which you'd get if you regularly upload many different videos).
        Lol, how many videos do you think they will upload? BTW, the requirements are not nearly as great as you think they are. I have a seedbox going right now as we speak on a lowly atom system distributing training videos to our clients. It works very well. There is a good reason why it 27-55% of internet traffic (depending on location)is generated from bittorrent and why Steam based their delivery system on it. It is highly efficient and reliable.

Lets look at megaupload for example from their very own chart

Download speed priority Lowest
        Maximum parallel downloads 1
        Maximum upload size per file 500 Meg
        Download limit per 24 hours Very limited
        Support for resuming up & downloads No
        Download starts instantly (directdownloads) No
        Support for download accelerators No

It doesn't take much to hit their "maximum daily download limit" . That limit is determined by how many times the file has been downloaded daily. All to often you hit the "try again later" limit.

You can decide for yourself, but you've got no right to decide for other people what they should be doing, or that they would be incompetent if they didn't (or couldn't, or wouldn't).
        My suggestion is just that, a suggestion, no different then your suggestions.

You act like that on all threads, deanjo, and you end up saying very immature things and dragging threads out of sheer stupidity, like just recently
        Two suggestions as to how to access xfs partitions in windows.

or on another thread (just to keep it to the few past hours).
        Another post to put things into perspective.

Comment

I guess you're fighting in a worthless war %)

We'll continue to use YouTube for sharing videos and torrent for distributing big files. Piece!

Comment

Originally posted by binstream View Post
            I guess you're fighting in a worthless war %)

We'll continue to use YouTube for sharing videos and torrent for distributing big files. Piece!
            Yes, thanks. I don't mind, just thought that we might have gotten unedited videos, but it's more important you concentrate on the game itself and (if possible) have a great holiday ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by miles View Post
              Yes, thanks. I don't mind, just thought that we might have gotten unedited videos, but it's more important you concentrate on the game itself and (if possible) have a great holiday ;-)
              I guess there will be no holiday for our team this year.

Comment

Well you could send me a beta too, i usually find lot of basic errors. But i do not really like that game type, next time a 3rd or 1st person shooter please

Comment

Originally posted by binstream View Post
                  I guess there will be no holiday for our team this year.
                  Don't go burning yourselves out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    Well you could send me a beta too, i usually find lot of basic errors. But i do not really like that game type, next time a 3rd or 1st person shooter please
                    Even gamers who don't play strategies find OilRush to be fun.

Comment

oilrush owns, cause of native linux support

Comment

Working...
                      X