Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Exclusive Preview Of Unigine's OilRush Game

Phoronix: An Exclusive Preview Of Unigine's OilRush Game

At the beginning of September there was the announcement from Unigine Corp that they were going to be releasing their first in-house game known as OilRush. The Unigine Engine has been in development for more than five years and has powered some very impressive technology demos / benchmarks, but has not really been utilized in many games yet. There's some games coming atop this engine (including those that won their game development competition), but OilRush is really the first game to set the stage for Unigine on PC, Linux, and PlayStation 3 platforms. OilRush is being released in March of 2011, but we have secured an internal development build of this strategy game to offer you the very first and exclusive preview with a number of screenshots.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Beautiful but unplayable on your config " a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 and Intel Core i7 970"
    15FPs only...
    Do You can change setting ?

Comment

@mum1989 It was at maximum settings.

Comment

The entire map being based on a reflective/refractive water base would alone steal many fps away

Comment

If it gets released, I wonder what kind of DRM protection it'll have. I suppose no one wants per 90 days reactivation or activation based on hardware configuration.

And call me pessimistic but screenshots are rather unimpressive. Everything looks plastic, and there are no little details to be spotted.

Comment

Originally posted by mum1989 View Post
            Beautiful but unplayable on your config " a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 and Intel Core i7 970"
            15FPs only...
            Do You can change setting ?
            I don't know what was the problem with Michael's test system, but I have 25-30 FPS on my old GeForce 9600 GT / Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz in real battles with hundreds of units fighting. Linux, proprietary NVIDIA driver.

Comment

@mum1989 It was at maximum settings.
              ok
              not so bad

but I have 25-30 FPS on my old GeForce 9600 GT / Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz
              your setting and resolution ? 1280*1024 ?

Comment

Originally posted by mum1989 View Post
                your setting and resolution ? 1280*1024 ?
                Full HD (1920x1080), max settings.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  If it gets released, I wonder what kind of DRM protection it'll have. I suppose no one wants per 90 days reactivation or activation based on hardware configuration.
                  You could read the article before commenting and see that no DRM will be used..

Comment

Day 0 preorder, who is with me?

Comment

Working...
                    X