Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Indie Bundle #2 Just Made One Million Bucks

Phoronix: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Just Made One Million Bucks

Yesterday we figured the Humble Indie Bundle #2 would earn a million dollars during its seven day sale and likely hit that mark today. Well, it has succeeded in doing so! Literally just seconds ago it crossed the million dollar USD mark...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Just Made One Million Bucks

Yesterday we figured the Humble Indie Bundle #2 would earn a million dollars during its seven day sale and likely hit that mark today. Well, it has succeeded in doing so! Literally just seconds ago it crossed the million dollar USD mark...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODkzNg
    prefect timing

Comment

perfect timing

Comment

Seems like neither mac or linux marketshares are negliable

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
          Seems like neither mac or linux marketshares are negliable
          Firstly, *negligible.

Secondly, they are indeed negligible in the greater OS landscape for end-users, GNU/Linux moreso than OS X, but GNU/Linux users are far more likely to be the kind of technically inclined people who would find out about this, and are even more likely to support any developer they can who is producing quality GNU/Linux games due to a lack thereof.

I for one mainly purchased both bundles because it offered GNU/Linux versions (even though I actually run windows, I prefer GNU/Linux, and would run it if it were not so incompatible )

I am thinking it may hit ~1.3M

Comment

Originally posted by woegjiub View Post
            I for one mainly purchased both bundles because it offered GNU/Linux versions (even though I actually run windows, I prefer GNU/Linux, and would run it if it were not so incompatible )

Try Wine.
            Linux is way more compatible to Windows than Windows to Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragas View Post
              Try Wine.
              Linux is way more compatible to Windows than Windows to Linux.

try cygwin.

But enough bickering brethren! (and sistren, I suppose. and robots or uncertainly gendered folk. lets not leave anyone out ). This is a happy time!
              I'm still kicking myself for missing the first humble bundle, I snagged this one as soon as I saw it was available.

Comment

Secondly, they are indeed negligible in the greater OS landscape for end-users, GNU/Linux moreso than OS X, but GNU/Linux users are far more likely to be the kind of technically inclined people who would find out about this, and are even more likely to support any developer they can who is producing quality GNU/Linux games due to a lack thereof.
                How are you defining negligible? In what world is $250,000 negligible? Wait....are you a Republican!? :P

I'm hoping to breach $1.5 million. But first, to get past last year's $1.2 million.

Comment

Originally posted by d4ddi0 View Post

try cygwin.

But enough bickering brethren! (and sistren, I suppose. and robots or uncertainly gendered folk. lets not leave anyone out ). This is a happy time!
                  I'm still kicking myself for missing the first humble bundle, I snagged this one as soon as I saw it was available.
                  Wake me up when Windows can mount my XFS formatted external hard drive.

Comment

Firstly, *negligible.

Whatever the cause, Linux users are clearly buying games. Try selling them, and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Working...
                    X