No announcement yet.

Trouble to get the Open Source ATI drivers to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, now I get some kind of errors of not finding the driver, from glxinfo. I think those weren't there earlier, but dunno.

So glxinfo gives me:

Code:
    name of display: :0.0
    libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 5.2.0 r200 (screen 0)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r200_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r200_dri.so failed (/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r200_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL error: unable to load driver: r200_dri.so
    display: :0  screen: 0
    direct rendering: No
    server glx vendor string: SGI
    server glx version string: 1.2
    And you can see my Xorg log at http://rafb.net/p/H1S8Ss56.html

That says the Direct rendering is enabled so it could be somewhere else then.

For some reason I think I'm starting to break my systme more, as I try to nest this issue

Comment

Originally posted by [slim] View Post
      Ok, now I get some kind of errors of not finding the driver, from glxinfo. I think those weren't there earlier, but dunno.

So glxinfo gives me:

Code:
      name of display: :0.0
      libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 5.2.0 r200 (screen 0)
      libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r200_dri.so
      libGL error: dlopen /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r200_dri.so failed (/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r200_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
      libGL error: unable to load driver: r200_dri.so
      display: :0  screen: 0
      direct rendering: No
      server glx vendor string: SGI
      server glx version string: 1.2
      And you can see my Xorg log at http://rafb.net/p/H1S8Ss56.html

That says the Direct rendering is enabled so it could be somewhere else then.

For some reason I think I'm starting to break my systme more, as I try to nest this issue
      Then find where this r200_dri.so is (likely in /usr/lib/dri or somethings like that and use this command to see if dri works:
      LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=<path to your r200_dri.so> glxinfo

If this works then you should rebuild mesa with proper path in it, can't remember of hand where this is but likely in config/configs or config/default. In fact mesa default dri path should be updated to new default path used since we gone modular but we are bit lazy.

Btw you should have found all this information on dri.freedesktop.org

Comment

I'm now Direct rendering

Thank you, I raise my hat and bow for you. I can now run free of the proprietary driver world. Lazy or not lazy, it's still great job.

The magic thing was the DRI_DRIVER_INSTALL_DIR in configs/default. It was pointing to /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri and my drivers were in /usr/lib/dri. When changing that and rebuilding it worked like a charm. Setting the LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH work also as I tried before hand. It could be nice to add this to the building instructions, as there is now only a mention of optimizing and building just part of the drivers and nothing about changing the installation dirs.

I also set the INSTALL_DIR to /usr and make install did put them all the drivers and libs into the right places.

Thanks again..

Comment

Working...
        X