Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle Open Office 3.3 Released Too

Phoronix: Oracle Open Office 3.3 Released Too

Oracle is evidently trying to end out the year with an open-source bang as it releases frequent VirtualBox 4.0 betas, they just pushed out the long-awaited MySQL 5.5, and they have now released Oracle Open Office 3.3. At the same time, they have also introduced Oracle Cloud Office...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm, I don't see 3.3.0 download from their site. RC7 is latest with a note that RC8 is coming soon. 3.2.1 is the latest stable.

Comment

I don't trust the cloud.And especially not when it is from Oracle. My own data better stays in my hands than in Larry's.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

RC8 is available since 14th.

ftp://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/...nded/3.3.0rc8/

But i see no final.

Comment

the feature set looks nice.

May this be a cause of the new competition?

i wonder how they're developing it so fast with less developers...

Its a pity that Oracle could not work something out with the devs, but who knows, this might turn out for the better.

We'll just have to wait and see..

Comment

Article is about Oracle Open Office not OpenOffice.org.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
              the feature set looks nice.

May this be a cause of the new competition?

i wonder how they're developing it so fast with less developers...

Its a pity that Oracle could not work something out with the devs, but who knows, this might turn out for the better.

We'll just have to wait and see..
              I thought most of the people that split of to form LibreOffice were mostly people involved with OO.o with such things as marketing, translations but not actual developers. Besides that the overwhelming majority of OO.o programmers are paid full time employees of Oracle, who obviously continued to work on OO.o and didn't switch over to LO.

Comment

So noone knows what about this 3.3.0 release? The whole news is mainly to announce release of something that actually hasn't been released. Nice :-)

Comment

Originally posted by treat View Post
                  Article is about Oracle Open Office not OpenOffice.org.
                  Just noticed this post. So this Oracle Open Office is a direct continuation of StarOffice. Name is a little bit misleading.

Comment

This is the version that brings full Qt4 integration, right?

I've been looking forward to it, but I'll probably wait for the LibreOffice variant.

Comment

Working...
                    X