The Humble Indie Bundle #2 Has Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adriano ML View Post
    My 32bit archlinux machine also has this problem.
    As a workaround, follow these instructions to reduce mouse polling rate, replug your mouse, and try again. It'll work properly with a low polling rate.

Comment

Originally posted by m_gol View Post
      Will they be available via the official site?
      Yes.

I think I've got the 64-bit problem sorted (I'll know in a bit here while I get properly set up to test...needed an Intel setup and I didn't have one configured right...) and I'm about to get a fix for the installer problem people found. Should be tonight or tomorrow and updates will be made available as the Campaign mode is finished out.

Comment

There will be something for the 64-bit crowd sometime tomorrow...

I'm checking into something for the mouse rate problem and the installer issues (I think I might have that one fixed too...).

Comment

The new rott hib2 debs do not contain the mp3s now which are in the soundtrack zip already so they are much smaller. They install without error. Basically it should be possible to combine 32+64 bit as the main part is java anyway like osmos. There i just dislike that pulse audio is used by default even when it does not work...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            The new rott hib2 debs do not contain the mp3s now which are in the soundtrack zip already so they are much smaller. They install without error. Basically it should be possible to combine 32+64 bit as the main part is java anyway like osmos. There i just dislike that pulse audio is used by default even when it does not work...
            Nooo don't call it ROTT. That's definitely Rise of the Triad.

Comment

Whatever, well i wanted to try Machinarium on lenny 64 bit which seems to be impossible as the needed libs are only in ia32-libs from squeeze. Would be better to package just the swf + html file, would work in every browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
                As a workaround, follow these instructions to reduce mouse polling rate, replug your mouse, and try again. It'll work properly with a low polling rate.
                Seems to have no effect in the game neither in mouse latency.

Hope Svartalf can catch this one

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Whatever, well i wanted to try Machinarium on lenny 64 bit which seems to be impossible as the needed libs are only in ia32-libs from squeeze. Would be better to package just the swf + html file, would work in every browser.
                  Heh... You mean that you can't use the beta 64-bit flashplayer?

Comment

Originally posted by Adriano ML View Post
                    Seems to have no effect in the game neither in mouse latency.

Hope Svartalf can catch this one
                    I'm looking into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by m_gol View Post
                      Also, there weren't any significant errors in Linux versions of games in the first bundle. Here we have Braid that doesn't work, Cortex Command providing disfunctional 64-bit version and Revenge of the Titans with a simple bug in deb creation (the solution posted above worked for me, even for amd64 edition). So, no problem for me only with installation process of Osmos and Machinarium (the latter to be a Flash game so packaging it must have been easy).
                      Osmos had a bug in the font which meant it failed to load on recent versions of TrueType, so most of the text was missing and the game was unplayable. People have had all sorts of fun issues with Machinarium; my personal problem is that the mouse doesn't work properly, but no-one else seems to have suffered that particular issue.

Simple fix for the Osmos font loading problem: open fonts/FortuneCity.ttf in fontforge, go to File -> Generate Fonts, generate a new TrueType font file (tell fontforge to ignore the problems and generate it anyway), and replace the original fonts/FortuneCity.ttf with your newly-created file.

Comment

Working...
                      X