Catalyst 10.12 Released for Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dandel View Post
    Found another bug... The 64-bit copy of the World of Goo crashes (Linux Demo v1.41) on this driver, however, the 32-bit binary is unaffected. (Tested with Compiz/desktop effects enabled).

Source of game: http://2dboy.com/games.php
    My OpenSUSE x86_64 11.3 crashes If I tried to run GIMP.
    (Tested with Compiz/desktop effects enabled).

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
      I installed 10.12 on my openSUSE 11.3 64bit system last night. Then I connected a new monitor via DVI to my HD3850 (my old monitor was still connected to the other DVI output). amdccc doesn't let me choose 1920x1080 resolution for my new monitor :-( What can I do about it?
      After restarting the computer without my old monitor connected - amdccc listed the 1920x1080 mode and I could select it.
      Why didn't it work when my old tft was still connected?

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
        After restarting the computer without my old monitor connected - amdccc listed the 1920x1080 mode and I could select it.
        Why didn't it work when my old tft was still connected?
        Same problem here. Dual monitors just simply don't work at all on Fglrx.
        I can get both screens running at 1280x1024 in clone mode, but god forbid I try doing 1280x1024 on one and 1680x1050 on the other in Xinerama.

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
          Same problem here. Dual monitors just simply don't work at all on Fglrx.
          I can get both screens running at 1280x1024 in clone mode, but god forbid I try doing 1280x1024 on one and 1680x1050 on the other in Xinerama.
          Works for me, on Fedora 14 / 64bit
          Using the amdccc tool

i had the same problem, but then i run the amdccc tool from the terminal and saw the error message about some display.xml file, i deleted the file, and now it's working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by The IceMan View Post
            Works for me, on Fedora 14 / 64bit
            Using the amdccc tool

i had the same problem, but then i run the amdccc tool from the terminal and saw the error message about some display.xml file, i deleted the file, and now it's working for me.
            I did that, but it just got me a step further and CCC crashes in another place.

This is my new crash:
            Code:
            GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection.c:2270:initable_init: assertion failed: (connection->initialization_error == NULL)
            Aborted (core dumped)
            As for the crash you mentioned, it's pretty astonishing that the "professional" Ati developers didn't account for monitors.xml being empty because it causes Qt to crash and takes CCC with it.

Comment

That new crash had to do with SELinux. It only happens if I run amdcccle from the command line as root. If I run it from System->Preferences, it doesn't crash. And I finally got dual screen to work now.
              I don't know what vodoo amdcccle does, but no matter what I did to xorg.conf I couldn't get it to work.

Comment

Working...
              X