• Show
Clear All

What about anal skills?

:P

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      What about anal skills?

Let's keep Q's personal life out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by MostAwesomeDude View Post
        I've been taking a break from drivers and doing easy userspace stuff. I have a few drivers to work on during break, though.

As much as I'd love to take a job from AMD, I'm still in school and working hard on finishing my degree. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
        Fair enough, but I have/had no idea how far you are from graduating or how many other degrees (msc/phd/etc) you want before starting to work.

I obviously but maybe falsely assumed that you are close to finishing your studies.

Anyway, I just hope that you will continue (restart) hacking on the radeon drivers.

Comment

What about anal skills?
          That's only for the Catalyst dev position. They sh!t that stuff out.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
            i read the ad for the dev and i think this is a fake:

first of all : "Canada" no there is no internet and homeworking in this world LOL

second fake: "development based on [...]Marketing requirements"
            means they just dev an bigger animated amd Logo

also "highly motivated, self-starter" means you need more Cocain and self starter means no one helps you.

"WinDbg" really no linux dev should use a "Driver Developer Resources: Debugging Tools for Windows"

really if the new opensource guy are highskilled in WINDOWS debugging then linux will go worst because of that braindeath guy

"Experience with Kernel mode driver programming under MS Windows"

hell NO i can not believe this shit who write that shit ?

"* Strong oral [..] skill"

you can be the world best hacker without oral skill but yes amd wana hire people with bullshit Factor

hell brigdman himfeld never use any oral skill in this forum.

means bridgman can be totally retarded in oral skill and now one care.

oral skill just means you need to be good in talking bullshit because they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
              Eh, x86 is about as proprietary as you can get. Intel allows exactly two companies, beside itself, to create x86 microprocessors: AMD and Via. Noone else can.

Compare with ARM.
              You missed the point - x86 is highly documented and works with this.
              AMD and NVIDIA GPU's are scarcely documented(AMD - newest, NVIDIA - all) and there is zero opensource API atm to use them efficiently.
              On x86 you have various compilers and various libraries - all opensource.

What you mean is license to manufacture the hardware based on the specs.
              Your response would be correct if I claimed neither AMD nor Nvidia allow MANUFACTURING 1:1 of their chips. They don't allow this either.

Of course GPU are a bit different from CPU, yet in near future I would like to offload big part of the code to GPU. No such opensource solution exists. I cannot work with hardware using opensource tools.

But there is also chinese Loongson(opensource in closed source government ftw!)

Comment

What about anal skills?

There is a word for both of em

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  Actually nobody here has ever used their "oral skills" in the forum, writing skills for sure but not "oral skills".
                  "Oral" skills really means "verbal" skills which corresponds to and includes written skills since they come from the same centers of the brain...

Comment

Actually nobody here has ever used their "oral skills" in the forum, writing skills for sure but not "oral skills".
                    "Oral skills" is an HR term, that they keep using and should instead discard, for "Verbal skills" which comprises of oratory and written skills- if you're not well spoken, you're likely to not be well written and vice-versa. They're called "verbal" because they are interrelated skillsets derived from the speech centers of the brain and correspond to transforming thoughts into words, spoken or written.

Comment

Let's keep Q's personal life out of this.
                      <*snicker*> Now, now...let's keep this clean guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X