Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VirtualBox 4.0 Beta 2 Is Already Here

Phoronix: VirtualBox 4.0 Beta 2 Is Already Here

It was just on Monday that Oracle released Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.0 Beta 1 with the introduction of "extension packs", OVA format support, ICH9 and Intel HD Audio support for guests, a revamped user-interface in some areas, support for limiting a VM's CPU time and I/O bandwidth, and a number of other changes. Three days later, however, this release has been succeeded by VirtualBox 4.0 Beta 2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

scorched earth (Oracle)

I think its not opensource so and now in the hands of a enemy of the free software world. So I think it?s not worth updating on it.

Comment

Parts are not opensource, but could now added with a closed source addon, interesting idea... The rest you see here:

Comment

Unfortunately VBox still has some annoying USB limitations it looks like. A windows guest for example will not see my Hauppauge HD PVR but with VMWare workstation it sees it and functions fine.

Comment

Did you install the addons for usb 2 support?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Did you install the addons for usb 2 support?
            Of course.

Comment

And it was active in the settings? Basically it should work. A printer usually works with 1.1 too. I hope you are in the vboxuser group? That's required.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                And it was active in the settings? Basically it should work. A printer usually works with 1.1 too. I hope you are in the vboxuser group? That's required.
                Yes to all of the above Kano. BTW it isn't limited to just the linux host as well, Windows host to windows guest has the same issue.

Comment

Have you used "USB filter" for your Hauppauge HD PVR? It should work. USB filter gives the guest raw access to the USB device. Even if the host has no drivers, it is no problem. The guest gets raw access.

Comment

Originally posted by kebabbert View Post
                    Have you used "USB filter" for your Hauppauge HD PVR? It should work. USB filter gives the guest raw access to the USB device. Even if the host has no drivers, it is no problem. The guest gets raw access.
                    Yes I have tried that as well. For me it seems at least anything that is not either a mouse, usb converter, drive or printer will not properly recognize with Virtualbox. As I said before, VMware (and actually Parallels as well) have no issue with those devices.

Comment

Working...
                    X