Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: CodeWeavers Brings WoW Cataclysm To Linux

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,115

    Default CodeWeavers Brings WoW Cataclysm To Linux

    Phoronix: CodeWeavers Brings WoW Cataclysm To Linux

    For those into the World of Worldcraft computer game, which lacks a Linux client at this time, the Cataclysm expansion pack was released over the night. Fortunately, for those not wanting to use Microsoft Windows to play this popular MMORPG, CodeWeavers is out with CrossOver Games 9.2.1, which brings WoW: Cataclysm support to Mac OS X and Linux gamers...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODg4Mw

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Now available on Linux; wasting your life! Instant addiction for losers, on your desktop! Click that animal. Click it again! now 2 billion new quests, made with our award winning Randumb Quest Generator 2! Each time you'll level up slower so you can benifit from our rich subscription based netcode servers with 1MB storage of data per luser. Yeah; that $25/month is needed to get our servers going.

    So what are you waiting for? Get it now!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Strange, I was playing WoW under vanilla wine something like 4 years ago (it stopped having any interest at all soon after the first expansion). Has anything changed in between, to need a specific version of crossover ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,641

    Default

    Maybe just try latest wine?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Perth, Scotland
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Now available on Linux; wasting your life! Instant addiction for losers, on your desktop! Click that animal. Click it again! now 2 billion new quests, made with our award winning Randumb Quest Generator 2! Each time you'll level up slower so you can benifit from our rich subscription based netcode servers with 1MB storage of data per luser. Yeah; that $25/month is needed to get our servers going.

    So what are you waiting for? Get it now!
    Actually the BBC aired a documentary last night about video game addiction. Guess which game was mentioned most.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickabouille View Post
    Strange, I was plang WoW under vanilla wine something like 4 years ago (it stopped having any interest at all soon after the first expansion). Has anything changed in between, to need a specific version of crossover ?
    http:// appdb.winehq.org/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    http:// appdb.winehq.org/
    So what ?




    9876543210

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Why would you write a News about Codewavers supporting WOW without even mentioning Wine?!

    Are you paid for this or what?!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragas View Post
    Why would you write a News about Codewavers supporting WOW without even mentioning Wine?!

    Are you paid for this or what?!

    The story was about Crossover 9.2.1; why should he need to mention Wine?

    BTW, the CodeWeavers guys contribute the most code to Wine - so it's a good thing for them to get their own product mentioned once in a while, if you like Wine.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3vi1 View Post
    The story was about Crossover 9.2.1; why should he need to mention Wine?

    BTW, the CodeWeavers guys contribute the most code to Wine - so it's a good thing for them to get their own product mentioned once in a while, if you like Wine.
    Jeah sure. I have nothing against the codewaver guys. It's just that thier code is reling totaly on wine so it's wierd not to mention wine.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •