Comparison between 7950 gt,8600gts and 8800gts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison between 7950 gt,8600gts and 8800gts

Hi I'm going to buy a new vga and I wished to know the difference between this card under linux.
    Does anyone knows any comparatives about those?
    I imagine that 8800gts will be the faster but I need to know how much to eveluate if this card pay the extramoney needed to buy it,and which between the 8600gts and 7950gt is faster and how much.

All currently available graphics articles can be viewed @ http://www.phoronix.com/?page=category&item=Graphics
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sonnet View Post
      Hi I'm going to buy a new vga and I wished to know the difference between this card under linux.
      Does anyone knows any comparatives about those?
      I imagine that 8800gts will be the faster but I need to know how much to eveluate if this card pay the extramoney needed to buy it,and which between the 8600gts and 7950gt is faster and how much.
      The ultimate guide to graphics cards (as far as I know it) is published by a norwegian guy and it has more data than you can care about. I've found it extremely useful when trying to get a balanced objective view on what is best to buy etc. Especially since all this pixel shader stuff took off, it has been hard to trawl through and find the right stuff for the right job. Especially now, when there are water cooled and passive versions coming out of the latest or near latest cards, it is more important than ever before to know exactly what you're getting - at least if you care about not having a room sounding like a factory while enjoying your gaming or whatever.

Here is a link to his stuff. Click on 3Dcomparison to get an excel spreadsheet with all the data you need.

Update: Jeg tror det vil være enklere og betydelig mindre arbeidskrevende for meg å kun vise til "neste versjon" av nettsiden min 3dcompare. Her har jeg BvsB, RP og andre godsaker med direkte link til prisguiden til hw.no. Sjekk ut 3Dcompare Jeg tror ikke det strider mot forumets regler at jeg li...

Comment

Working...
      X