Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Proposals For Unigine's Linux Game Competition

Phoronix: The Proposals For Unigine's Linux Game Competition

As we shared last week, Unigine Corp launched a Linux game development competition where any independent game teams/studios could submit a written proposal to them for a new Linux game and then later this month they will pick one submission and grant them a free license of their expensive, very advanced, multi-platform engine. There's still another week left to this competition, but we have learned some details from Unigine Corp about the submissions thus far...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

one of them would become a new MMORPG (Massively Multi-player Online Role Playing Game), another is a puzzle/platform-type game for Unigine, there's yet another first person shooter,
    In other words nothing interesting at all.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      In other words nothing interesting at all.
      Not at all. The "no defined genre" games have a lot of potential, depending on the specifics of course.

The FPS has potential if there were funding, as FPS can range from Quake 3 to BioShock, which are entirely different in just about every way but are still both FPS.

The puzzle/platformer also could be intersting, although those mostly differentiate on style rather than content these days, so it'll be up to the art team.

The MMORPG is pure idiocy, though.

Comment

Well I wouldn't mind a native-good-looking MMO or a native-fast-paced FPS.

Comment

great, let's have a few more fps games and not anything new...

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
            Well I wouldn't mind a native-good-looking MMO or a native-fast-paced FPS.
            I'm so fucking sick of "fast-pased FPS" that's code word for "quake-clone FPS". Somebody do something original.

Comment

how/where did you vote for this game as a Unigine game?

Comment

I'd very much like a top-down RPG game with multiplayer. Something like Nox would be awesome.

Comment

Interesting, I didn't know you could even do a MMORPG with Unigine.

Comment

If someone could do a follow up to Fallout 1+2 and get it right that would be wonderful. Though due to legal complications let's call this "post apocalypse RPG" stylistically similar to such things as "Life after People", "The Colony" and "Fallout". I would be happy to help with writing and research on such as project though my actual coding skills are insufficient in producing the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X