HDMI audio on HD4870

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI audio on HD4870

Hi everyone. After lurking around for a couple of years, I finally registered. Well, my first post is a problem, of course. Here it goes:

I have an ECS A785GM-M and the integrated HD4200 HDMI audio was working out of the box on a clean Ubuntu 10.04 install. After the updates and all, everything still worked just fine for a month.

Then, I installed a HD4870 with ATI DVI to HDMI adapter and the sound is not working (it works flawlessly on Windows 7, so it is not the hardware). The creepy stuff is that on Pulseaudio GUI configuration, everything looks right: ATI 48x0 HDMI is selected as output and when some sound is playing the bar moves, although there is no sound coming from the TV speakers.

I tried editing /etc/pulse/default.pa as suggested on this link, but it didn't helped. I'm kind lost here, since it looks that there is nothing wrong an yet, it is not working.

Can anyone help me?

Have you tried "radeon.audio=1" as boot parameter?

Comment

Originally posted by dm0rais View Post
      Nope. I will try it asap. I'll report back when I do. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by dm0rais View Post
        I tried it and it didn't work. What still bugs me is that on Pulseaudio Control Center I can see the 48x0 HDMI audio bar moving, yet no audio can be listen.

Comment

Working...
        X