Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Improvements To The Unigine Engine

Phoronix: Holiday Improvements To The Unigine Engine

Last week Unigine launched a game development competition where they will be granting a free Unigine Engine licensee to the development team that proposes the best original Linux game using their engine. This competition is still going on for a few more days so get your submissions soon [we are hoping to be able to share some of the submissions with you at some point]. While this competition may still be going on, the Russian developers behind Unigine continue working on the advanced, multi-platform game engine this holiday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For benchmarks i really want a osx variant. When will this happen?

Comment

never

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      For benchmarks i really want a osx variant. When will this happen?
      never. They have no plans to put it on the mac. Also, I want to see a blender pathway. Possibly even one that doesn't simply defer to one of blender's other export methods.

Comment

Originally posted by dacresbu View Post
        never. They have no plans to put it on the mac. Also, I want to see a blender pathway. Possibly even one that doesn't simply defer to one of blender's other export methods.
        Not true -- MacOSX and XBox360 just got added to the 2011 roadmap. This will probably be the latest release of OSX only as earlier versions did not have support for all the shader features that Unigine uses.

As for

Comment

Blender - The mesh formats are clearly documented and everything else is pretty much xml and easy to figure out.

Comment

Working...
          X