No announcement yet.

Adobe's Flash Video Acceleration For Linux Works Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i got an ati, but am not too concern right now, since my monitor is just 17", so 720p and 1080p look the same in this smaller monitor.

720p is pretty smooth but takes a bit of cpu.

But as long as i can grab the videos from the /tmp folder am all good.

does 10.2 still downloads the videos to /tmp ?

Comment

It works great on my GT 430 + driver 260.19.21.
      But i found unreproducible problem.

those two are the same file.

Comment

It happened when i minimize/close firefox.
        i use firefox 4.0b7 + flash 10.2 d151

sorry, i cannot edit my post...

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
          it's for nvidia. it's only for binary blobs. it's only 32 bits. it crashes. is it really a good news?
          I mean, it's better than nothing, but we'd like a little much. After all, as Adobe has not to care about Apple anymore, they have time to invest on Linux platform.
          If it's only 32 bits, then as far as I'm concerned it is nothing. I chew through too much RAM for a 32-bit system. With the cheap price of RAM, I don't know why 32-bit desktops exists, aside from pathetic companies (Microsoft, Adobe, etc.) who can't keep up with computers and customers. Apache was running x86-64 Linux web servers on processor simulators a decade ago.

Comment

yea, if your pc was built in the last 5 years, there exists no good reason not to use a 64 bit system.... This is fucking ridiculous! 32bit is more used up then a montreal hooker.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
              yea, if your pc was built in the last 5 years, there exists no good reason not to use a 64 bit system.... This is fucking ridiculous! 32bit is more used up then a montreal hooker.
              Well 32-bit only x86 processors were still being produced as little as a year and a 1/2 ago.

Comment

Crashes a lot for me. Slackware 13.1 x86/2.6.36

Especially full screen

Comment

I have a Thinkpad T61p with nvidia Quadro graphics, from 2008. The acceleration works very well with both Epiphany and Chromium. However, it seems that not all online video players support it, only Youtube?

It's still a relieve, playing videos in fullscreen on the 1920x1200 display _never_ worked painlessly with flash before, now it does. And yes, also 1080p titles.

I still hate flash for crashing -- and livelocking the browser on every S2 resume.

Comment

I run Ubuntu 10.10 32bit on my desktop machine, currently has 2GB RAM so what's the point of running 64bit?

I run 64bit on the server, which uses 4GB.

Usage on the desktop hovers at about 600MB.

Although the only reason I DONT use 64 bit on the desktop is Flash!

Is this flash 10.2 hardcoded to ONLY talk to Nvidia binary drivers or will it talk to the ATI gallium drivers' VDPAU tracker when they're ready?

J.

Comment

Working...
                    X