Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 7.10 Is Coming In One Month

Phoronix: Mesa 7.10 Is Coming In One Month

While we anticipated Mesa 7.10 being a late Q4'2010 or very early Q1'2011 release, today that's now been formalized with Intel's Ian Romanick once again stepping up to the plate to manage this next Mesa 3D release. Ian's proposal calls for Mesa 7.10 to be branched on 8 December and then for the final release to be out around or on the 7th of January. In traditional Mesa fashion, a Mesa 7.9.1 bug-fix release will also come around that time...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any improvements over 7.10 developement that's been out since april?

Comment

Bug fixes

Originally posted by Hephasteus View Post
      Any improvements over 7.10 developement that's been out since april?
      I've been replacing the r300_dri.so from Mesa 7.9 with the latest one from git on my Fedora 14 box without any problems. Trying to play Warcraft with my HD4890 and r600g_dri.so is also more successful with git than with 7.9. (Not working yet, mind. Although maybe a 2.6.36.x kernel instead of 2.6.35.9 will fix that, judging from the command-checker messages in the dmesg log.)

I'm assuming that any 7.10 snapshot released in April is closer to 7.9 than to git, of course .

Comment

There have been quite a few bugfixes checked in to r300 (classic and gallium) in the past month, as well as some performance enhancements, so I'd say yes. 7.9 wasn't even released until September, so I guess you meant a 7.9 snapshot from April?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
          There have been quite a few bugfixes checked in to r300 (classic and gallium) in the past month, as well as some performance enhancements, so I'd say yes. 7.9 wasn't even released until September, so I guess you meant a 7.9 snapshot from April?
          Yep that's what I meant. Typo.

Comment

Working...
          X