Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian's GNU/kFreeBSD Installer Will Support ZFS

Phoronix: Debian's GNU/kFreeBSD Installer Will Support ZFS

While Debian GNU/kFreeBSD has supported the ZFS file-system with its FreeBSD-8 kernel, support for installing the Debian GNU/kFreeBSD distribution to a root ZFS file-system will now be possible with the Debian 6.0 "Squeeze" release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'll wait for kfs. </joke>

Comment

If they succeeed and it becomes a good product, I wonder what they will decide to do with Debian Linux and what will happen to all de derivates of Debian (e.g. Ubuntu). Will they also start using BSD...

Comment

Originally posted by MiUNX View Post
        If they succeeed and it becomes a good product, I wonder what they will decide to do with Debian Linux and what will happen to all de derivates of Debian (e.g. Ubuntu). Will they also start using BSD...
        for a general use i don't think so. it is difficult to beat the vast amount of hardware drivers that Linux has.

on other hand, i would like to try this out for a home file server. ZFS looks very attractive for this purpose.

Comment

Working...
        X