Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightspark 0.4.5 With New Graphics Engine Nears

Phoronix: Lightspark 0.4.5 With New Graphics Engine Nears

Lightspark 0.4.5 is nearing release with its new graphics engine. The release candidate for Lightspark 0.4.5 just came this Saturday, boasting this new graphics engine that more heavily leverages Cairo for graphics drawing and offloading more of the workload to the graphics processor for this free software project aiming to implement the latest Adobe Flash/SWF specification. Besides faster and smoother playback (and lower CPU utilization in most cases) with this new graphics engine, this open-source Flash player also now has better input support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does it play youtube/vimeo/traileraddict/etc. videos?

Comment

Good question. Except for a few users, any flash player must be able to playback videos (until html5 video is massively adopted).

Comment

Imo they're spending too much time trying to get a perfect rendering stack, if they go on like this then a viable release suitable for the vast majority is years away, not to mention that by that time new versions of flash will be out and probably targeted by web devs.

Comment

I have tested this and i have to say it is very promising. It is not perfect,sure, but it CAN play youtube and other videos, if only with a few bugs and glitches, but it will play them.

I stopped using it after a day or two due to various browser crashes, which were not experienced with the original flash. But i will be happy to return to it when it matures.

Comment

Working...
          X