No announcement yet.

Good News For Linux Gamers This Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to thank Unigine for actively trying to get Linux into the spotlights as a great gaming platform. We need more companies like this who create an amazing product and are Linux- and company-friendly. They really deserve our support.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
      OMG, Trine looks like The Lost Vikings 2000, and that's awesome.

If they port it, and it's not too expensive, I'll buy it!
      Wow, Trine and Trine 2 looks like great fun and are both absolutely gorgeous. I am really looking forward to those.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitiquinho View Post
        They will port a game that already has platinum rate in Wine AppDB....
        it's always better to make sure the developers knows which money comes from the linux world...

Comment

I'm a bit biased as I'm learning OGL 4(.1), but I think if Michael meant his words we should see some improvements in Linux game development. Tools, deployment or distribution. It should not be just announcing one new title even if native one.

As for me free of charge Unigine for non-profit enterprises would do! As it would be probable first commercial grade SDK that support OGL 3/4 on Linux.

On the other side, annoucment of some (very) big company that it will release native linux and windows (and mac) versions simultaneously, and used linux during development time also would do. As from my point those to 'events' would do the most good for Linux.

Comment

Unigine

If it's not Trine it's for sure unigine.
            And again someone was faster than you

Unigine Corp., the company behind the Unigine Engine and the upcoming OilRush game have announced a contest to encourage game development on Linux that gives away a free license of their flagship product.

Comment

so some hours later ... still left without your article ...
              ...and so sad it wasn`t steam

Comment

Originally posted by snowder View Post
                so some hours later ... still left without your article ...
                ...and so sad it wasn`t steam
                It's coming up right in a minute. Decided to surprisingly take Thanksgiving afternoon off of working after all.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                  you are right .. but postal3 comes over steam to linux!
                  Postal 3 for linux was killed a long time ago. They even deleted all references to it off their forums while they were up.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    It's coming up right in a minute. Decided to surprisingly take Thanksgiving afternoon off of working after all.
                    +1! Don't work yourself to death, Michael!

If you're dead then we have absolutely zero articles It should keep you sharp, too.

Comment

Working...
                    X