No announcement yet.

Good News For Linux Gamers This Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is very good news, even if I expected a ready-to-play game. Lets hope we will get a good game for a moderate price.

Comment

Aw, I love unigine and all, but I was hoping for steam.

Comment

Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
        Aw, I love unigine and all, but I was hoping for steam.
        I was too, but this is still a major story, I know 3d modelling and texturing, and have level edited Doom3 UT3 and Crysis, and I feel bad that I do not have the time or money to devote to getting up to speed on the tools required for this project.. if I did Id be all over it!

Comment

Unless this isn't it.
          I'm hoping michael reports on it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Terracide View Post
            Unique opportunity for Linux game developers
            To support Linux game development we will give a completely free license for our top-notch Unigine engine to an experienced team willing to develop a Linux native game.
            That's it?... Man, windows fanboys are gonna laugh their asses off when they find out that the linux geeks are all excited about the possibility of having one new game somewhere in the future.

Comment

If there is a team out there looking at this offer. I have Worked with Unigine for a couple of years now (on Linux too) - I am full time employed... But will be quite happy to share expertise and some code.

Comment

Originally posted by qaridarium
                you are right .. But postal3 comes over steam to linux!
                ack

Comment

To the potential project dev team..
                  If any of you read this, kudos to you for picking this project up, I wish I could join your efforts. If I may present my idea for your project (which I understand will be one of many)

There have been a lot of good shooters in recent years, but while the overall quality of graphics gets better, only some games are able to match good gameplay and original ideas with awesome graphics. Unigine (from what I have seen and read) is simply amazing and is up to the task of driving the next killer Linux gaming app.

My Linux game wishlist::

I personally would like to see a GOOD and ORIGINAL Science Fiction single-multiplayer Tactical FPS game for Linux. Something with a massive environment similar to Crysis and the like and keeping the gameplay fun and engaging. Said game should be complete with Spacecraft, Mechs, battlesuits, and an arsenal of futuristic projectile and energy based weapons. I have often dreamed of plying a game that I could launch out of a battleship in orbit around a planet, fly my dropship with occupants past planetary defenses and enemy fighters and drop my occupants on the battlefield so they can attack their objectives. Maybe we are at this point in game development, maybe not, but If the Unigine engine could drive a game like that (especially in Linux) I think every serious gamer in the world would take notice.

Comment

I would love to see a real good RTS game like C&C. Even if a DevTeam would just made the second or third place, I would buy it.

Or let me say, I will buy all three games, even if I don't like them. That is a promis from me and my support for all Teams and Unigine.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                      That's it?... Man, windows fanboys are gonna laugh their asses off when they find out that the linux geeks are all excited about the possibility of having one new game somewhere in the future.
                      So?

We'll laugh our asses of because they all run Windows.

Comment

Working...
                      X