No announcement yet.

Good News For Linux Gamers This Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok since you all go for guessing: I throw announcement of the open beta of postal III into the pool of wild guesses...

why?
    postal 2 was available for linux aswell.

Comment

So we are still left with UT3, Steam, something from id other than Doom 3 and I still think it might be about LGP, or it could be something completely different.

Now someone in the know could just cross off every option that it's not without saying which one it is.

Comment

Second try: Its something "Linux Game Publishing" related

Comment

My first guess was ID releasing the id tech 4 engine, but if it's not that I' d also suspect it to be something LGP-related (anyone else thinks it's kinda sad that LGP first comes up on the third page of the discussion).

Comment

i hope its not some 10 years old game port by LGP..
            Postal 3 open beta would be nice ...but i doubt...

Comment

"Our favorite game company" - that leaves out Valve and Blizzard, my guess is either LGP or Id.

Comment

It's not LGP related...

Well, at least since I now know they should be announcing it today (or I guess tomorrow if they are late), I will say right now it is regarding Unigine. And it is not at all about OilRush but rather something that is designed to spur Linux game development.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

please not LGP, not another adventure game...I hate those "games".

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    It's not LGP related...

Well, at least since I now know they should be announcing it today (or I guess tomorrow if they are late), I will say right now it is regarding Unigine. And it is not at all about OilRush but rather something that is designed to spur Linux game development.
                    a dual licensed (lgpl/proprietary) sdk based on unigine ?

Comment

So it isn't really good news for gamers this Thanksgiving (as teh title says)

More good news for those who want to develop games on linux and possible good news for linux gamers in the distant future

FailTitle is Fail

Comment

Working...
                      X