Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Source AMD Fusion Driver For Ontario Released

Phoronix: Open-Source AMD Fusion Driver For Ontario Released

While we are still waiting on open-source support for the AMD Radeon HD 6000 series of graphics cards that were released last month, today AMD is releasing their initial open-source support for their Ontario hardware. AMD's Ontario is their low-powered Fusion processor designed for use in netbooks and other such devices. This dual-core chip with integrated Radeon HD 6250 graphics is only starting to ship now, but the open-source support for this first AMD Fusion chip is now available to Linux users, complete with 3D support.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice!

Off-topic: no offence but that pic grossed me out >.<

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
      Off-topic: no offence but that pic grossed me out >.<
      As far as beer covered lederhosens go, blame some crazy person from Denmark that spilled an entire Ma? of Augustiner everywhere.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

fuck. i was getting exited that my dumbass provincial government created some retardedly useful law that required the open sourceability of amd drivers. But naturally they are more interested in important shit, like spending my money.

misleading article title for poor L33F3R. he calls foul ball.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
          fuck. i was getting exited that my dumbass provincial government created some retardedly useful law that required the open sourceability of amd drivers. But naturally they are more interested in important shit, like spending my money.
          Hahahah!!!

Comment

This is good news as I'm planning on getting a netbook sometime in the relatively near future. Hopefully this will make it into MeeGo 1.2 as I'd like to give that a whirl if I do indeed wind up getting a netbook and it's a netbook running a Fusion chip.

Comment

Impressive

@Bridgman & @agd5f & @airlied & @marek & @others:

I must say I'm impressed with what has been achieved and this latest release shows that a lot has been learned and achieved.

Obviously things can always be better but considering the complexities and the feeling that things are gaining speed now that many parts of the infrastructure work are maturing, the future is looking bright indeed!

Great work!

Comment

Amazing. Looks like AMD has done what they've set out to do... take the bloody mess left by ATI, fix it, catch up after several YEARS of neglect, and have fusion support available on release day!

Seems that somebody knows a thing or two about time management and planning.

Now I just hope that UVD is one of those things that gets worked on soon. AMD participating in MEEGO kind of needs this.

Comment

Five finger shoes FTW !

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    As far as beer covered lederhosens go, blame some crazy person from Denmark that spilled an entire Ma? of Augustiner everywhere.
                    The guys over at LGP had the same problem last month... (this was the last time I swear)

Now back on topic: Even if there will only be full open-source support in distros by March, that will still be better than the past GPUs from AMD. These are good news indeed

Comment

Working...
                    X