Ads are getting out of hand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ads are getting out of hand.

While we understand advertisements can be annoying at times, we only serve minimal and needed advertisements. Really it comes down to one along the top of the site and forum, and one at the left. There are a few Google advertisements and shopping advertisements also present on article pages. We do not (and never will) serve pop-ups, pop-unders, advertisements that talk to you and give you heart attacks, or annoying shoot the monkey ads that bounce across your screen. Our content is and always will be the our top priority, and we will never let our advertisements become intrusive.
    Well, you've made yourself a liar... just now a big, noisy, annoying microsoft ad popped up (and began talking to me) when I browsed to phoronix. Then when I clicked the X to close it, it didn't even go away completely. I understand that you want people to try premium but if you are going to try to coerce me into it I may just stop reading Phoronix instead.

Just curious, where did your quote come from ? I didn't remember seeing it and Google didn't have a reference to it.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyj View Post
      Well, you've made yourself a liar... just now a big, noisy, annoying microsoft ad popped up (and began talking to me) when I browsed to phoronix. Then when I clicked the X to close it, it didn't even go away completely. I understand that you want people to try premium but if you are going to try to coerce me into it I may just stop reading Phoronix instead.
      Read the other threads, those video ads are not supposed to be on Phoronix but my account manager is slow on the weekends to remove those pesky ads.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Or you could just use Lynx... ;-)

Comment

It's interesting just how desperate advertisers will get when they'll create adds that look like this for use in forums.

(Shown at the bottom of http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27245)

Comment

Working...
          X