Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some GTX-580 Unigine Benchmarks Results

Hey all,

Just thought I'd share this with you. Hope to have a more complete benchmark results on the GTX-580 this weekend that I can share but here are the quick results of Unigine's Heaven Benchmark. Three quick benches were done on openSUSE 11.3, Windows 7 64 with DX11 and openGL on extreme tessellation.

I'm thinking about getting one. How loud is it under full load, and
    how powerful is you PSU?

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
      I'm thinking about getting one. How loud is it under full load, and
      how powerful is you PSU?
      It's quieter then the MSI Twin Frozer GTX-275 I had in this system under full load. On idle I hear the harddrives over it. Very quiet card. As far as a power supply goes, I'm using a PC Power and Cooling 750 and it handles it all just fine (7 harddrives, 2 optical drives, 1090T processor, additional 8800GT for Cuda work, soundcard,....).

Comment

Overall extremely pleased with this card so far. So far everything "Just works" and I have not come across any glitches yet.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          It's quieter then the MSI Twin Frozer GTX-275 I had in this system under full load. On idle I hear the harddrives over it. Very quiet card. As far as a power supply goes, I'm using a PC Power and Cooling 750 and it handles it all just fine (7 harddrives, 2 optical drives, 1090T processor, additional 8800GT for Cuda work, soundcard,....).
          Thanks. I have system very similar to yours, but only 500W PSU (and the 7 harddisks are in a separate machine).

Comment

Cool card, if somebody has 1 too much i would certainly like to test it

Comment

What Windows drivers did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
                What Windows drivers did you use?

262.99 WHQL's

Comment

I bought a GTX580 as well but i have no Windows on my PC so i can't compare it. I also had a GTX275 TwinFrozr before and the 580 is a great upgrade i really like the card so far, can't wait to play the OilRush game on it. Will post my Heaven score here soon.

Comment

Early morning here, 5 am, the benchmark marathon begins.

Comment

Working...
                    X