Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: Some GTX-580 Unigine Benchmarks Results

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,584

    Default Some GTX-580 Unigine Benchmarks Results

    Hey all,

    Just thought I'd share this with you. Hope to have a more complete benchmark results on the GTX-580 this weekend that I can share but here are the quick results of Unigine's Heaven Benchmark. Three quick benches were done on openSUSE 11.3, Windows 7 64 with DX11 and openGL on extreme tessellation.






  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    210

    Default

    I'm thinking about getting one. How loud is it under full load, and
    how powerful is you PSU?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlau View Post
    I'm thinking about getting one. How loud is it under full load, and
    how powerful is you PSU?
    It's quieter then the MSI Twin Frozer GTX-275 I had in this system under full load. On idle I hear the harddrives over it. Very quiet card. As far as a power supply goes, I'm using a PC Power and Cooling 750 and it handles it all just fine (7 harddrives, 2 optical drives, 1090T processor, additional 8800GT for Cuda work, soundcard,....).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,584

    Default

    Overall extremely pleased with this card so far. So far everything "Just works" and I have not come across any glitches yet.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    It's quieter then the MSI Twin Frozer GTX-275 I had in this system under full load. On idle I hear the harddrives over it. Very quiet card. As far as a power supply goes, I'm using a PC Power and Cooling 750 and it handles it all just fine (7 harddrives, 2 optical drives, 1090T processor, additional 8800GT for Cuda work, soundcard,....).
    Thanks. I have system very similar to yours, but only 500W PSU (and the 7 harddisks are in a separate machine).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,634

    Default

    Cool card, if somebody has 1 too much i would certainly like to test it

  7. #7

    Default

    What Windows drivers did you use?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
    What Windows drivers did you use?

    262.99 WHQL's

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I bought a GTX580 as well but i have no Windows on my PC so i can't compare it. I also had a GTX275 TwinFrozr before and the 580 is a great upgrade i really like the card so far, can't wait to play the OilRush game on it. Will post my Heaven score here soon.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milena View Post
    I bought a GTX580 as well but i have no Windows on my PC so i can't compare it. I also had a GTX275 TwinFrozr before and the 580 is a great upgrade i really like the card so far, can't wait to play the OilRush game on it. Will post my Heaven score here soon.
    "OilRush game" be sure the unigine companie goes bankruptet bevore any game comes out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •