Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Benchmarks Of Debian Etch, Lenny & Squeeze

With Debian 6.0 "Squeeze" set to be released in the coming months, we have decided to run a set of benchmarks looking at the performance of Debian 6.0 across different sub-systems relative to the performance of Debian 5.0 "Lenny" and Debian 4.0 "Etch" to see how this new release may stack up.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=15459
    Thanks Michael for testing - Debian!

Do have any idea how it would stack up against Ubuntu? It wasn't apparent from the article if the hardware was the same as when Ubuntu is tested.

Comment

Thanks but the fish aren't necessary

Wodim, EGlibC, Ice Weasel, and SELINUX.

I don't like being forced to use something.

Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, ...

Reminds me of the old kingdom.

Comment

Statistically significantly different.

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: Benchmarks Of Debian Etch, Lenny & Squeeze

With Debian 6.0 "Squeeze" set to be released in the coming months, we have decided to run a set of benchmarks looking at the performance of Debian 6.0 across different sub-systems relative to the performance of Debian 5.0 "Lenny" and Debian 4.0 "Etch" to see how this new release may stack up.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=15459
        Generally, we should use more than 1 system to do performance comparisons typically with several machines, (at least 20, to get statistically significant results).

The preceding article shows results from a completed product versus a new version that may have bug fixes, increased security, etc. Therefore for the more reliable system, we should expect longer path lengths.

I am not saying the results are not indicative, but I believe that repeated tests would provide different numbers.

Comment

Working...
        X