AMD Catalyst 10.11 Linux Driver Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
    The garbled text issue in Guild Wars through Wine is back in 10.11 for me, so 10.10 it is
    Guess that gives me more time to investigate the random slowdown/throttling issues
    That's probably related to the missing models that appeared in Left 4 Dead on Catalyst 10.10 ( ubuntu 10.10, 64-bit) that still remains on Catalyst 11.11. Anyways, care to state which distribution (and release) your using?

Comment

Originally posted by Dandel View Post
      Anyways, care to state which distribution (and release) your using?
      Still openSUSE 11.3 64bit, using an HD4670.
      From the appdb entry for Guild Wars it seems at least one more person is having similar issues (nickname Henne).
      I thought at first only Wine was affected, but it seems that Alien Arena 7.45 has those weird slowdowns every now and then, even facing a wall, no bot...
      I ran a basic script at the same time that would output the GPU load
      Code:
      #!/bin/bash
      while :
      do
              aticonfig --adapter=0 --od-getclocks
              sleep 2
      done
      and sure enough when the FPS drop so does the GPU load but I'm not sure what to make of it
      I've tried different schedulers (as, cfq, deadline) after googling up some forum posts reporting success, without a noticeable difference though.
      The only thing I know is that my rig is more prone to slowdowns on a cold boot than a reboot (especially if it's a reboot after altering kernel boot options).
      Also tried pci=nomsi following a post on these very forums claiming it'd help with several issues.
      And when installing fglrx I always remove the older drivers first, reboot, switch to run level 3, and delete amdpcsdb...

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
        Code:
        #!/bin/bash
        while :
        do
                aticonfig --adapter=0 --od-getclocks
                sleep 2
        done
        # watch aticonfig --adapter=0 --od-getclocks

Comment

Originally posted by neuron View Post
          # watch aticonfig --adapter=0 --od-getclocks

Meh... just when I thought I was a step closer to snatching the floppy from the master's hand...
          Thanks in any case

Comment

Working...
          X