AMD Catalyst 10.11 Linux Driver Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna bet i still cant create debs for debian squeeze with this one XD
    A well i will check the release notes when they come out to see if there something interesting.

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by fjwhittle View Post
      To quote someone, don't know who, "stop writing bullshit." I've been using the Gallium3D driver for my 4200 IGP for about three months now, and classic mesa for quite a while before that, and experienced less crashes than with the binary blob, in fact the worst I've had recently is a couple of soft lockups that the OSS driver handles without crashing anything ? not to mention, there's nothing needs configuring. Apart from some optimisation issues it's a better quality driver.
      o_0 really? that's good to know...

Comment

@gbeauche

Does it work correctly with vlc and xbmc for you? For me it does not.

Comment

Any news on that front? Is there any conclusion on what kind of strategy KDE will follow?

Comment

Sorry wrong thread!

Comment

10.11 built correctly, installed correctly and worked correctly in Mandriva 2010.1. Celestia, buildings 2D all work as they did in 10.10. Everything done on Mandriva 2010.1 x86_64 with a Radeon 5670 triple-headed with three 1600x1200 monitors rotated 90 degrees resulting in a 3600x1200 single screen.

Comment

Does tessellation works in Unigine Heaven with this one? I wont update my driver again until they solve that, or add video acceleration. that, or I will switch to Nvidia. Im getting tired of waiting.

Comment

Tesselation seems to work.

In the opening scene to Heaven, the stones on the path are lumpy, when I hit F3 (which toggles tesselation) the rocks become flat (just like on my GeForce 260)

It appears that Tesselation is fixed at least to some degree.

Comment

The rpm's built for me but did not install properly on Mandriva 2011.0 x86_64(cooker)... needs to be patched just like the 10.10's.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post
                      In the opening scene to Heaven, the stones on the path are lumpy, when I hit F3 (which toggles tesselation) the rocks become flat (just like on my GeForce 260)

It appears that Tesselation is fixed at least to some degree.
                      Ill have to test it as soon as it enters portage. Currently tessellation just freezes my system.

Comment

Working...
                      X