Whoops, The Main Server Is Getting Clobbered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
    I thought flashblock is different from an ad blocker? Doesn't flash block only prevent the Flash stuff from running?
    Correct. I believe ad blockers either point undesirable domain content to 127.0.0.1 or just do not render the content.

Flash on Linux sucks battery power as all rendering is done by the CPU. My biggest reason for running Flashblock in Firefox/Iceweasel is to conserve battery life. Same with NoScript.

Comment

Originally posted by TechMage89 View Post
      We're *Linux* users, and Flash still runs poorly in every Linux browser except Chromium.
      What do you mean? Chromium also crashes and consumes a lot of cpu power with Flash.

Comment

Originally posted by TechMage89 View Post
        Also, it's sort of bad form to block ads on an add-supported site, not that I haven't considered it, if the ads continue to be as obnoxious and intrusive as they have been, I'll have to find a way to block them or stop visiting Phoronix altogether.
        Argh! Guilt! I'd been tossing around the idea of subscribing to Phoronix for the last few months and finally did it. $30/year is not bad considering how often I visit the site and the single page view for articles is cool.

However, I wish Michael would not use Paypal. Paypal irritates me for some reason. Google Checkout perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by amphigory View Post
          However, I wish Michael would not use Paypal. Paypal irritates me for some reason. Google Checkout perhaps?
          As far as I know, right now vBulletin's subscription system doesn't integrate with anything but PayPal
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hopefully this goes somewhere aside from the bit bucket.

Comment

Has something changed already? It feels like the speed doubled

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Has something changed already? It feels like the speed doubled
                Nope, nothing should change over till Saturday.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

All the Slashdot denizens stopped hammering Phoronix finally? :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X