Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ET-XreaL Continues Moving Towards Better Graphics

Phoronix: ET-XreaL Continues Moving Towards Better Graphics

A few days ago I wrote about major changes coming to the Urban Terror game that up until now has been a popular ioquake3-powered game that originally began as a Quake 3 mod. Urban Terror is now going to be referred to as "Urban Terror HD" and they are switching from an open-source engine to being an id Tech 3 licensee, which is sad news for those interested in open-source games/engines. While hope may be lost with Urban Terror HD, it seems the XreaL version of Enemy Territory is moving along nicely...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Um, hate to burst your bubble on Xreal the game, but if you look at the third post on their homepage ("XreaL renderer to be ported to Wolf:ET")

the original XreaL game project is dead and I won?t waste my resources on dealing with artists again.
    Seriously?! Dude, what happened to you, to get you that grumpy?!

Comment

Tr3b quited or something. The site is down...
      But another guy picked up the work and is working on it daily -> http://www.assembla.com/spaces/xreal-et/tickets
      He made some progress.

He is called thedushan:

Comment

Working...
      X