Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.3.7 Has Improved System Tray Support

Phoronix: Wine 1.3.7 Has Improved System Tray Support

There's a new Wine development release out this Friday afternoon that incorporates a few new features that have been brewing within the development community over the past two weeks. This release is Wine 1.3.7...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix
    msvcrt secure functions implemented
    Cool, now I can take another shot at porting a particular Win32 app to Winelib...

Comment

WTF is with Debian and wine? I run aptosid and I still have to compile my own individual .deb to get the latest stable and/or unstable version of this software. The folks at lamaresh.net are doing a shitty job of keeping current (1.1.42 is the latest version)

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        WTF is with Debian and wine? I run aptosid and I still have to compile my own individual .deb to get the latest stable and/or unstable version of this software. The folks at lamaresh.net are doing a shitty job of keeping current (1.1.42 is the latest version)
        I don't see why that PPA even exists, since noone seems to be maintaining it. The Ubuntu PPA works fine in both Squeeze and Sid though, so you could use that instead.

Comment

You can also find up-to-date .debs there:

Comment

I normally don't do such things, but...
            Wine updated to 1.3.7 an hour after release (and you could just s/1.3.6/1.3.7/g PKGBUILD if you wanted it faster).
            =does the Arch dance=

Comment

Working...
            X