Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta 2 Of The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries

Phoronix: Beta 2 Of The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries

A month ago there was the 1.0 beta release of the Enlightenment Foundation Libraries, which are the software libraries created to help in the development of the E17 desktop. EFL 1.0 also marks a point of API/ABI stability and is being used by projects outside of E17 proper, such as with Samsung's Enlightenment usage. Today the second beta of the Enlightenment Foundation Libraries is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

how "complete" is e17 at this point from an application POV??? (ie media players etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
      how "complete" is e17 at this point from an application POV??? (ie media players etc.)
      native apps i mean

Comment

What native apps are you referring to? Not really sure what you mean there - it's not it's own OS, or emacs. Eclipse, firefox, pidgin, all run fine for me under it. Still a few bugs here & there of course, but it's been quite useable for some time now.

Comment

native as in native toolkit ie apps written using EFL/Elementary

for example is there an EFL frontend for mplayer, frontend for networkmanager, frontend for telepathy a media player etc???

i assume that this kind of work will start (if at all) after they release 1.0

Comment

The whole point of this release is that they're fairly certain the ABI/APIs are stable. Apps written against the EFL should be good to go.
            As for actual apps made - well I've never been one to go for front ends where I could avoid it. However when I've time I do mean to have a look at exchange.enlightenment.org - seems to be a bit of what you're after there.

Comment

we don't have a lot of programs, actually, as we focus on the release. We have a music player, a video player (based on xine or gstreamer), I'm writing a multi-document viewer (actually, the library, someone else is working on the GUI), a photo viewer, a photo manager, a media center, an Identi.ca client, a game, and other tools. Of course, there is Enlightenment itself.

The small number of apps shows that we are lacking of manpower. So if you want to contribute, you are more than welcome

Comment

Great! I like E17/DR17, but with the rise of compositing and SVG; is Enlightenment not getting a bit behind the times? I remember them saying that they won't do 3D...

Comment

Originally posted by vtorri View Post
                  we don't have a lot of programs, actually, as we focus on the release. We have a music player, a video player (based on xine or gstreamer), I'm writing a multi-document viewer (actually, the library, someone else is working on the GUI), a photo viewer, a photo manager, a media center, an Identi.ca client, a game, and other tools. Of course, there is Enlightenment itself.

The small number of apps shows that we are lacking of manpower. So if you want to contribute, you are more than welcome
                  sadly my coding skills are not good enough to get involved in projects

however if you need an icon or something like that for your projects i might be able to help

shoot a pm if you are interested

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                    sadly my coding skills are not good enough to get involved in projects

however if you need an icon or something like that for your projects i might be able to help

shoot a pm if you are interested
                    We also need people for the website, so, icons, design, etc..

feel free to join our irc chan #edevelop@freenode

Comment

Working...
                    X