Microsoft's cases of success: destroy netbook market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft's cases of success: destroy netbook market

It was the "great new" of the netbook market: windows XP and Seven.Both OS did succeed in destroy a emerging market with linux.. netbooks. All in favor of a useless piece of fashion: ipads.

goodnewsforeveryone.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, goodnewsforeveryone.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Netbook with linux: market raise.
    Netbook with windows: market fail.

Now let's see the fight on the tablet PC how it end: meanwhile, for the smartphone fight looks like Android Linux did win this one.

Do we need Google to pop out with their Chrome OS.. or the HWM (hardware manufacturer) will finally realize they need to support Linux?

Just a recent experience re netbooks and win/linux:

Got a new, (but phased-out) eee t91 tablet. Comes with winxp, which runs sort of somewhere between 'ok' and 'meh', battery lasts 5h. Installed ubunt 10.10 netbook, runs wonderfully, feels much better, smoother, more polished than xp. But battery lasts only 4h.

So I'm reluctantly staying with xp.
    Who's fault? (I really don't know).

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
      Who's fault? (I really don't know).
      Compiz (Desktop effects)

Anyway, Ubuntu come by default with a wonderful tool which analyze the power usage. With a graph

It help you dig out what's leeching all your battery's power.

@Qaridarium: the real thing that annoy me isn't Microsoft (which are just doing their business); but all the HWM (Hardware Manufacturer) that wiggle their tail at Microsoft feet.

The problem isn't Microsoft, but a bunch of companies that are occupying the market with their heavy, coward, ass.

Comment

Working...
      X