Ubuntu Is Going To Deploy Wayland With Unity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etnlWings View Post
    Okay, fine. For the sake of argument, let us say that doesn't conform with tribalistic masturbation. What does that have to do with tall poppy syndrome?
    It's infuenced by attention given to another. A desire for those opposite to not have the lime-light. It's not required that there be an actual reasonable basis for them to have a desire that those opposite recieve less favorable publicity.

Again, we're back at square one: merit. If troller be trollin' for his own self-amusement and/or to satisfy his histrionic inclinations, it really doesn't have anything to do with Ubuntu per se, it's meritorious aspects, or otherwise. You can try to insert merit all you like but it's still likely incidental and apocryphal.
    Well Ubuntu being the target by means of being in possession of the bulk of favourable publicity.

It's not necessarily motivated by choice as per what I'd consider classical trolling along the lines of "troller be trollin' for his own self-amusement"

Do you consider the "to satisfy his histrionic inclinations" aspect not a possible motivation in concert with tall poppy syndrome to get the troller across the line and onto the keyboard to express his bile?

Comment

See, this is exactly what we've been saying: objections aren't the product of merit, therefore it's not tall poppy syndrome. Those doing the chopping are only weeding the garden.
      But merit should be present for without Ubuntu having any the bile could be very well accurate.

Comment

there are three problems with ubuntu:

it is a parasite. The biggest problem.
        ubuntards who think they are l33t because they can type 'tar -cjvf' without breaking a fingernail
        sites like phoronix acting like ubuntu bitch boys.

I recommend:

ubuntu creates retards .. well done.

Comment

stfu dude, try run JACK on fedora + musician programs ubuntu/debian works flawless
          stop trolling

Comment

'flawless' - yeah, if you don't have to type non-american signs in java applications. As flawless as taking kde's internationalization and then making it WORSE. If you define 'failure' as flawless, then, yes, ubuntu is flawless. But for everybody who needs more than gnome-with-patched-menus ubuntu soon hits a wall.

Comment

Trolololol

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                Well said, indeed. Now take a long, hard look at your mirror.

Comment

While I don't share energyman's cynism, some of the points he raises do have merit. In my own opinion, Ubuntu only works fine so long as you do things Ubuntu's way - and sometimes it seems people can't see beyond it and that there are other ways of doing things too. Kind of like when people ask if you use Gnome or KDE and have a confused expression when the reply is "neither".
                  I personally actually find it difficult to use Ubuntu because they've tried to make it a simple point & click. The more complex tasks that more experienced users look for aren't as apparent (and so for me, Ubuntu is not user friendly, and Gentoo sits quite nicely).
                  In the end, the real movers & shakers are the folks behind the base software (X, Wayland if it takes off, kernel, etc etc) care more about the technical side of things, which is very very important to have.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                    there are three problems with ubuntu:

it is a parasite. The biggest problem.
                    ubuntards who think they are l33t because they can type 'tar -cjvf' without breaking a fingernail
                    sites like phoronix acting like ubuntu bitch boys.

I recommend:

I am being overloaded with troll. Seriously, Ubuntu doesn't make people morons. Ubuntu has been shown to be just as fast as any other Linux distribution and sometimes, it is just plain more usable. I like to spend my time using my system, not setting it up :P

Comment

• energyman.. ban your self...

do i need java stuff for making music in ardour or audacity? get lost troll
                      ubuntu and debian are very good for musicians and studio work... i dont give a SH** for java, dont need it

Comment

Working...
                      X