No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Is Going To Deploy Wayland With Unity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

other linux sites are less ubuntu centric and are doing well. They DO report security 'events' - which is a reason to visit them. Reading about the latest fart on the ubuntu blogs - not.

Comment

I see that tall poppy syndrome is still strong around these parts.

Comment

In before Ubuntu bashing. Crap, too late.

Comment

ITT: people who don't know what a monopoly is.

And yes, Ubuntu users are largely retarded but it's a pretty solid distro.

Also agree with the naysayers: this isn't a whole article in itself. Perhaps Phoronix should have a weekly round-up of all the smaller news items, incl. blog announcements.

Comment

not all ubuntu users are retarded.. its sounds like jealous, but yes, most users are retarded.. its first distro after windows, so they looking for windows in it, before they learn what linux is. what ubuntu gives to linux? large community, new users, popularity, more software, more interest of people.

so stop bitching for ubuntu....

Comment

Originally posted by etnlWings View Post
              ITT: people who don't know what a monopoly is.

And yes, Ubuntu users are largely retarded but it's a pretty solid distro.

Also agree with the naysayers: this isn't a whole article in itself. Perhaps Phoronix should have a weekly round-up of all the smaller news items, incl. blog announcements.
              Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
              not all ubuntu users are retarded.. its sounds like jealous, but yes, most users are retarded.. its first distro after windows, so they looking for windows in it, before they learn what linux is. what ubuntu gives to linux? large community, new users, popularity, more software, more interest of people.

so stop bitching for ubuntu....
              So let me see if I've got this straight:
              ...Ubuntu users are largely retarded...
              ...but yes, most users are retarded...
              so stop bitching for ubuntu...
              You're agreeing with me but telling me to 'stop bitching'?

As for it being the 'first distro', for the majority, it's also the last. It's not merely a matter of inexperience, it's also the type of user: where before there were merely freetards, we now also have groupies; people who were too poor to buy a Mac but still needed to 'belong'. You need only look at the Phoronix threads following the recent Unity announcements to see the reactionary zeal of the devotees who sensed that someone was saying something negative about Canonical/Ubuntu and signed up just to bitch and rant. The ubuntu community as a whole has become quite poisonous as a result of the people's it's attracted. It's why we see so many grovelling apologies from Ubuntu devs (Shuttleworth included) because they dared to make a joke someone took offence to, or were too curt in their criticisms of someone else. It's also why you won't find much good technical support on the forums: the people who knew what they were talking about became victims of Ubuntu's CoC politics; you can fix 10 peoples' problems but get impatient with any of them and you'd get harassed by the 'pleasant police'.

/minirant

Comment

i like ubuntu, couse it doesnt use KDE but gnome, and is deb based, its only 2 things why i use ubuntu, just like it, its a little bit more experimental than debian, dont need to be PR0 by using slack or gentoo, ubuntu is ok for me, dont need MORE, dont have problem with it, so it mean iam retard? iam just lazy

i know many users, mostly girls with laptops, who want to get rid of vista/seven, so i offer ubuntu, they are newbie users, only music, movie, youtube, some stuff in office, simple picture resize or crop. they have everything they want to have. they retardness is shown by "how to change wallpaper""how to install skype""how to...." so forget about compiling programms, about changing grub stuff etc.. whats why i think they are newbies.. retard isnt good word. these girls still use ubu on laptops, already know how to install programms, remove programs, configure wine, configure IM to talk to friends. they want to start from something, iam happy that people use linux, dont matter they are newbies or not, its still bigger and bigger community. after years users want to test KDE instead of gnome, want to test other distros, thats why i say you all are bitching...

Comment

i like ubuntu, couse it doesnt use KDE but gnome, and is deb based, its only 2 things why i use ubuntu, just like it, its a little bit more experimental than debian, dont need to be PR0 by using slack or gentoo, ubuntu is ok for me, dont need MORE, dont have problem with it, so it mean iam retard? iam just lazy
                  I think something's being lost in translation, here: we're saying the same thing. I also use Ubuntu (albeit, assembled from a mini.iso w/ Xfce+Compiz) because I like Debian, it's package management and it's build tools but also like an up-to-date package selection which doesn't require that I use Sid. If I were saying all Ubuntu users were retards, I'd necessarily have to include myself.

I still maintain that the majority of Ubuntu's users are various varieties of retards, though. Not just ignorant but whiny brats, fanboys, airheads, impatient and with the attention span of a cats, entitled and demanding. It's a good thing Ubuntu isn't a community maintained distro, as if it were, it would not only be technically incompetent but it would collapse under the weight of it's own douchebaggery. The mailing lists (who are we kidding, they would use twitter) would be spammed with 'SUM1 FIX MY PROBLEMS NOW!', 'Ubuntu needs to be harmonised with Buddhist teaching' and 'as a white male shut-in with too much time on my hands, I insist that your retract your earlier lolcats picture, which objectified women, and issue a formal apology' posts.

Comment

energyman is bitching lord in this topic... not you

yes, some information were lost in translation, iam not native English, cant say what i want to say precisely

Comment

The mailing lists (who are we kidding, they would use twitter) would be spammed with 'SUM1 FIX MY PROBLEMS NOW!', 'Ubuntu needs to be harmonised with Buddhist teaching' and 'as a white male shut-in with too much time on my hands, I insist that your retract your earlier lolcats picture, which objectified women, and issue a formal apology' posts.
                      Not only comedy gold, but sadly more true than I'd like.

Comment

Working...
                      X