Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Can The Unigine Engine Get Any Better? Yes, And It Has.

It was the lack of apps? I always thought it was the usability. Compared to Symbian, Blender and Gimp are a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    It was the lack of apps? I always thought it was the usability. Compared to Symbian, Blender and Gimp are a dream.
    To tell you the truth I think your the first person that I have ever heard complaining about Symbians "usability".

Really? Even here, the promised land of Nokia, it's a very common topic.

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    Really? Even here, the promised land of Nokia, it's a very common topic.
    Yes really, the nokia's that I had ran Symbian and usability was never an issue.

Guy's, that's just supposed to be an example. Point I was trying to make is that although Symbian is a technically sound product, it's lack of interest in what it's user base wants contributes greatly to it's failure.

I wanted to say that Unigine being propietary is not a bad thing.
    This kinda gives me idea: What if Unigine can provide a free mod SDK, or if we can convince them to, so that people can freely create games on their engine. You know how people create entire games based of UT2004 or Half Life 2, well maybe people could remake games like tremulous on the Unigine engine.
    I think this would be beneficial: those games and Unigine get some publicity, and Unigine gets some real world testing so that it can be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by superppl View Post
    This kinda gives me idea: What if Unigine can provide a free mod SDK, or if we can convince them to, so that people can freely create games on their engine. You know how people create entire games based of UT2004 or Half Life 2, well maybe people could remake games like tremulous on the Unigine engine.
    I think this would be beneficial: those games and Unigine get some publicity, and Unigine gets some real world testing so that it can be improved.
    I think you would have to see some AAA+ games being developed on Unigine before that would ever happen. Right now as it stands the licensing of Unigine is their only source of revenue. I think they want to get some financial return before that would ever happen.

Right, but as it stands, interest in Unigine is very limited. Perhaps they can distribute a full SDK with Oil Rush, so that way they can make some money of sales.

What Unigine needs is more completed games.

true but one of the most compelete was Primal carnage but they, imo, stupidly switched to UDK... now, we only have for sure OilRush game coming to Linux. Then i hope that will be a huge success! *crossing fingers*

If any of you guys are into MMO's, there Syndicates of Arkon
    It's in open beta, and while they don't have a Linux client out, they claim it's in the plans, and it runs fairly well in wine. And yes, it's using Unigine.