Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can The Unigine Engine Get Any Better? Yes, And It Has.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    When will the game be ready or at least a demo level/benchmark?
    I can't state a specific date until our talks with publishers aren't over.

Comment

is it possible to know which publishers are talking with? Activison? Bethesda? Steam?

Comment

Will you guys be offering an SDK and/or modding tools with Oil Rush?

What digital distribution system will you guys be using?

Heck we might as well make a ask the Unigine developers thread. And thanks for giving enough a damn to respond to our questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          ? if i can buy an game and i can play a game that is much more than just an technic demo like unigine

my point of view is right and just realistic the only 2 cool thinks on unigine are linux support and tesselation.
          1) Your point of view is just that and nothing more. It's neither right or wrong- it's just an opinion based off your feelings. So far you've not given any facts either way on this one, Qaridarium.

2) You can buy ARMAII, yes- but it's a WINDOWS game. Until you can buy it for Linux, you can't even claim the things you are right at the moment to be comparable, or even facts in evidence.

3) Why don't you wait and see if there's any games to be sold with the engine before you go on any further rants and raves, k?

Comment

ArmaII is a lot of fun, but;
            1. It's not as beautiful as Oilrush
            2. Doesn't even work with Wine in any way
            3. I'm dying to play an original game again

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
              1. It's not as beautiful as Oilrush
              But he doesn't feel that this is the case. He's said so.

2. Doesn't even work with Wine in any way
              Heh...that's a dealbreaker on that one. And, you'd think he'd realize that this was the case and give it a rest, but, nooooo....

3. I'm dying to play an original game again
              Well, OilRush is going to be one of those. There's more on the way. :-D

Comment

Arma 2 doesn't use PAE because I have 64bit win7 and it doesn't make jack of a difference with 8Gig of ram. The game still sux anyway. :P

If anything Ungine should be compared to Unreal 3 engine which is even starting to show it's age. It should probably be release open source actually... I just wish UT3 made it to Linux. It was so close but never made it. I guess UT3 was not a great game though which is why the linux client was halted...

Oil Rush looks like it's going to be an original game for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                  watch the patchlevel chancelog Arma2 use PAE
                  Well it's a bit late now. I gave up on that game years ago. Been playing fallout 3 instead.

Comment

Working...
                  X