[Ask] Nvidia features on linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:

After some digging found this response to the profile support.

Level 4.1 is supported; see the output of vdpinfo (a utility mentioned elsewhere).

Nothing in our VDPAU implementation actually validates the level; anything high profile should decode visually correctly, it's just a matter of performance.
    Looking at some results here:

Show that the 240 at least should have no problem with 5.0 support.

Comment

thanks a lot guys !

Comment

btw, i forgot to ask. How's the Hardware Acceleration with vaapi xv driver ?
        Since i notice when i use ati card with gl driver, the video color on some particular clip it produces is wrong. Like, too many hue.

Comment

Originally posted by zelda32 View Post
          btw, i forgot to ask. How's the Hardware Acceleration with vaapi xv driver ?
          Since i notice when i use ati card with gl driver, the video color on some particular clip it produces is wrong. Like, too many hue.
          The colour is fine with vdpau. VA-API support nvidia is nothing but a wrapper to vdpau and unless you are running a app that only supports vaapi (vlc is the only one I can think of) then your better off just running straight vdpau natively anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            The colour is fine with vdpau. VA-API support nvidia is nothing but a wrapper to vdpau and unless you are running a app that only supports vaapi (vlc is the only one I can think of) then your better off just running straight vdpau natively anyways.
            yeah, i notice mplayer support vdpau natively. Just wondering, can you combine ffmpeg with multithreading and vdpau on mplayer ?

Comment

this is basically the same as when you use the normal mplayer. you need to use vc override to select the vdpau codecs, vo defaults now to vdpau.

Comment

Originally posted by zelda32 View Post
                yeah, i notice mplayer support vdpau natively. Just wondering, can you combine ffmpeg with multithreading and vdpau on mplayer ?
                You could, but what would be the point when playing accelerated content which amounts to less then 10% on a single core cpu operating at its lowest p-state mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  this is basically the same as when you use the normal mplayer. you need to use vc override to select the vdpau codecs, vo defaults now to vdpau.
                  so that means, since mplayer support vdpau natively, you don't need the vdpau one from splitted desktop ?

Comment

@zelda32

There you find the vaapi patched one, there it is possible to select vdpau too using -va vdpau -vo vdpau instead of vaapi (without vc override) but you don't need that when your .mplayer/config contains

vc=ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffwmv3vdpa u,ffodivxvdpau,

For older cards remove the ffodivxvdpau, but be sure there is a , at the end. If you want to force xv via command line you can use

mplayer -vo xv -vc , movie

@deanjo

Using vdpau/vaapi is really nice when you watch interlaced content, instead of adding a filter option you just press D. I even watch dvd accellerated.

Comment

Just wondering, what's the temperature of the GPU while playing 1080p with high bitrate (say... 20 mbps) ?

Comment

Working...
                      X